Project Kanguro-Supermoto Engine Run

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
robinh44

Project Kanguro-Supermoto Engine Run

Post by robinh44 »

Dear All,

Just completed ignition/stator coil rewind. Decided to run up engine and test electrics. Link below to video clip of engine running, very pleased with sound of the Ducati Termigoni silencers. Tappets sound like they need adjusting!:-

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/ ... ng_vcd.flv

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

That is looking real nice, the video is a nice idea, keep us informed about the progress as the bike is looking good.

Gareth
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Gareth

Glad you like it, tappets sound a bit rattly or maybe the clutch but have not had time to look at the engine in detail. Entering the final month now, so am currently stripping by hand and painting the frame then will begin final build after this weekend. Still to do , make wiring loom/ fit scratch built battery box, service engine, and source digital speedo and fit as can't fit conventional speedo drive. Will update hopefully in next couple of weeks.

Regards

Robin
claymore

Wow

Post by claymore »

Dude, that thing sounds freekin' COOL! No doubt, it has that V-Twin growl...Sounds much bigger than a 350...

I can't wait to start mine in about 8 days. :D
FRONT TOWARD ENEMY
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Claymore

I was hoping for a sort of baby Ducati monster sound and certainly at the silencer end it sounds very good, but then the old pipes that were on the Kanguro ( minus the baffles) sounded good as well. I left the original pipes off because they did not fit into my design. When I designed the bike I wanted certain parts the under seat Ducati pipes and a BMW single seat off a R850R started it off. Since then I have used a fuel tank from a Honda FT500 Ascot, wheels from a Suzuki bandit and complete rear end off a suzuki SV650. In the next hour I begin final spraying of the frame, satin black, as it is currently nice and hot and not to much wind.

Regards

Robin