Seat height

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Derek Wright

Re: Seat height

Post by Derek Wright »

Neil,
Have just measured the seat height of my 1982 Kanguro, model X with round tube frame - ground to top of seat ( the flat bit about 6" back from the nose of the seat) - 865 mm / 34 1/8", foot rest to same position on seat - 485 mm /
19 ". The foot rest position is approx 2" back from the tank / seat nose junction.
The X is completely standard, very comfortable to ride, suspension sinks about 1to 2 inches initially when getting on, set fairly soft. I'm a bit short in the leg and getting on in years a bit so is a bit of a stretch to get my leg over ( if you pardon the expression) but once on, its fine and touch to the ground is ok. The main problem is the rise of the seat at the back, I'm looking to drop, may have to change the rear, mudguard and make a single seat ( anyone got a Kanguro seat base they don't want ?)
I run an X3 Kanguro ,with the square frame tubes also, and will measure this one in the next day or so, but this one is
not standard, has an 18" front wheel and the seat feels a bit lower and is slightly easier to get on so guess its a bit lower.
I'm not far away from you, near J 20 on the M1 so if you want to have a try out, get in touch.
Using the X every day ( will be using the X3 soon also when it gets a bit warmer, it does'nt like starting when its cold) and at just over at Ashby so if you can get over that way through the day thats an option to. Derek
neil

Re: Seat height

Post by neil »

Derek, thanks for the very detailed reply, that's just the info I am looking for. I'll measure my Strada and see how the measurments compare.
Neil.