CENTRESTAND NEEDED FOR KANGURO X

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
morini_tim

CENTRESTAND NEEDED FOR KANGURO X

Post by morini_tim »

Hi

As i have to park the kanguro in the garage alongside my car it has to stand upright as it takes up less space that way. I've made a paddock stand for it but it's not the easiest thing to use in a confined space!

I've only recently discovered that originally the bike would have had a centrestand!

Am wondering if anyone out there has one they don't use which they would be prepared to sell to me. 2nd best option for me would be to borrow one so that I can copy it. Failing that, even a detailed diagram or photos of one would be a great help.

I've had a good look at theb frame mountings and measured it all etc but with things like this its incredibly difficult to foresee all the problems and requirements until you actually start making something and then find it doesn't quite work etc.

Hoping someone may be able to assist

Cheers
Tim
alan j

Centre stand.

Post by alan j »

My X1 did not have a c. stand-the x3 doesn't fit-it has square frame tubing. I did make one-not at all difficult, except I couldn't Spring" it up out the way. So I made a "sprung" clamp to hold it up in place! When my wife is in a good mood, I'll get her to take a "pic". :shock: :shock:
moriniuk

Post by moriniuk »

I think I've got one. The plate on the frame says 350 X and the tubes are round. Is that an X1? The centre stand is box section. All the nuts, bolts and springs are there. The only problem is that I'm in Thailand at the moment and won't be back in the UK until 3rd December.

H.
alan j

Centre stand.

Post by alan j »

No, Tim, I tried a stand from an X3-it's Square-it would not fit!! Contact me when you get home, if you want more help!-I travelled around Thialland last year with my wife on 200c.c. Honda "thingy"-had a good time! :D :D
moriniuk

Post by moriniuk »

Alan, I think you may be getting Tim and me mixed up.

Yes, I can confirm that Thailand is a great place to be, although this trip has been more for legal reasons regarding a property we have here. Hopefully there will be a Morini here in 5 years time as I plan to semi-retire and spend more time here.

I can't be exactly sure of the model until I get back home. It has a front drum brake, single silencer. The frame tubes are definately round and the centre stand tubes are definately square. I'm pretty sure it's all standard.

If that's no good a I also have a round tube centre stand from a MK 1.5 Camel.
alan j

Centre stands

Post by alan j »

Sorry chaps about the confusion! I can't "handle" all these different "handles"!- I hope Tim finds a stand that fits!! Alan J. :?: :?:
morini_tim

Post by morini_tim »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

MORINIUK yours is an X model as it's got a drum front brake, the X1 had a disc according to Mick Walkers book. Since starting this topic i've found a diagram of the centrestand on page 20 of http://www.morinispecial.it/manuali/Man ... uro_x2.pdf
which shows a box section swinging arm. I'm in no great rush for a centrestand (I've managed for a few months so far) perhaps we can discuss when you get back. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Alan. Yeh I reckoned it wouldn't be too difficult to make something but thought that gettin the spring locator in the correct place would be a pain and also making sure that it tucked up out of the way enough for off-roading

Cheers
Tim
adrian650

Re: CENTRESTAND NEEDED FOR KANGURO X

Post by adrian650 »

From the pieces I had, an X3 stand will fit on a round X1 frame (of course that differs a little from an early X). See photos at:

http://kanguro.motoani.co.uk/blog/archi ... chive.html

It's a side stand I need. The assembly on the swing arm was so bent I removed it. Now I regret it as sometimes it's hard to get the bike onto the centre stand.
Brubru

Re: CENTRESTAND NEEDED FOR KANGURO X

Post by Brubru »

Why not leaving the car out? You could save time (and maybe money) to concentrate on putting a second Morini in the garage...

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel