Moto Morini In Scotland.

Maestro, SEI-V
enfie

Moto Morini In Scotland.

Post by enfie »

Picked up my 500 Maestro last week from NLM. This is the first Morini I have had although I have had experience with Italian bikes, a Ducati Darmah, I still have a guzzi 950 and the girlfriend has a Griso. Eventfull run back up to Scotland with total loss of lights, although I think that problem is fixed. Love the handling and character of the bike, hopefully get a few longer runs put in this summer. Loads of technical info on this site and elsewhere so shouldn't have a problem keeping it on the go.
Will keep you updated with progress, any other Morinis in Scotland?

Slainthe, Enfie.
Emmohaswheelsagain

500 Strada

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Good to see another Morini back on the road where it belongs. Having owned a 500 (same colour and model) i'm sure you will enjoy the bike to the full. Particularly good two up as it offers a comfortable and practical ride. Mine took me to the factory and back along with three visits to the TT and a visit to the Dutch TT at Assen. If you want to see a later 500 (6 speed I believe) have a look at www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com. You can also pick up the link through Mdina motorcycles site. Someone has really gone to town with a custom paint job and lots of chrome/polished alloy.
enfie

Post by enfie »

Nice 500 and very shiny! Some very pricy bikes on that site too, should have held onto my Ducati, I remember paying £1800 for mine a long time ago.
A few adjustments to do to my 500 this week then hopefully a camping trip to the Scottish Highlands this weekend. See how it does against my mates bikes, a BMW R80 a Fazer 600 and a Guzzi Griso. I'll pick a route with the bendiest roads to give myself an advantage!

Cheers, Enfie.
enfie

Post by enfie »

Had a cracking weekend trip on the Morini at the weekend. Managed to pack all the camping gear on the back, found my old Swagman panniers I haven't used for about 10 years and strapped the tent to the back. No real problems with the bike, only a dodgy rear indicator and it looks like I've blown a fork seal, replace that soon.
Found I was running up the back of my mates bikes all the way up to Aberfeldy, these bikes can really be thrown into corners! The next day was a run around Loch Tay and Loch Earn and went round some of the twisties in Glendevon faster than I have ever done, managed to lose everyone until the next open section of road.
Great bike on these roads, think I'm going to really enjoy owning it, allready have a list of things to buy / do to it. Roll on a decent summer for more runs like that!

Cheers, Enfie.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Enfie;

Dougie from Newcastle is fixing up a trip into the Boarders early in June, and at the Scottish Show in March several Morini owners were keen to get a Scottish centre restarted :)

Dougie can be contacted at terencedouglass@googlemaildotcom

Alan Hay was a great help in setting up the stand in March, and is on the member list - he's the one from Fife :!:

Good luck, and have fun on the Morini - let's hear about it in ATG...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Enfie, you are a lucky man. Together with Corsica, Scotland must be best place in the world to ride a Morini (but in Corsica they miss the single Malt). And you are a wise man, a Morini is surely the best bike for riding in Scotland.

Much pleasure - ride safely (and the safest place is ahead of the others; no risk for you if they fall...)

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
enfie

Post by enfie »

Cheers for that Chris, have allready been in touch with Dougie but I'm afraid I'm off to the Pyrenees for 3 weeks when the Borders meeting is on. Still, hope to arrange something when I get back.
Your'e right about the Scottish roads Bruno, I must be spoilt living here, apart from the weather that is! The malt whisky does make up for it though.

Cheers, Enfie.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Enfie;

Have a good time in France / Spain....

Your Morini 500 on the stand at next years Scottish show sounds an evens on bet? After all, this year had two 250s, a brace of 350s and a 400...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"