front and rear wheel spacer on spindle 500

Maestro, SEI-V
kmamac

front and rear wheel spacer on spindle 500

Post by kmamac »

I don't appear to have either the rear or front spacers that slip over the wheel spindles. Does anyone have a theirs in bits so they could measure them up for me? I have recently got my lathe in one piece and I would like to knock them up in stainless.
Thanks in advance
Keith
stuart

Wheel spacers for 500

Post by stuart »

Did you ever get your spacers sorted?

You could see if they're the same as a 350 sport; I'm about to take both wheels out to fit Borrani rims as replacement to the cast alloys, so could either measure them up or send them to you. I'd be interested in buying a duplicate set in stainless off you?
(if you have a 500 parts manual, send me the references and I'll check them against my 350 parts manual. I'd assume their the same as the 350 uses the same forks and wheels I beleive?)

Regards, Stuart
ringer

Post by ringer »

I assume that you are talking about the long spacer that fits over the spindle and sits between the wheel bearings.
Extracted from the 500W parts catalog:
Front Wheel item 15 part# 43.07.05 Bearing spacer Ø17 x 25 x 61
Rear Wheel item 16 part# 43.20.15 Spacer Ø17 x 25 x 64.5

I don't have a copy of the 350 parts list, but would assume that they are common items on the 350 and the 500.

Looking at the picture in the exploded diagram, there would appear to be a ridge approx half way along the spacer.

Keith, are you sure you don't have the spacers? Are you working from a box of bits? Perhaps your spacers have remained inside the wheel hub?
Nick - 1979 500 Strada