Replacement Fork Tubes

Maestro, SEI-V
andygrew

Replacement Fork Tubes

Post by andygrew »

Hi, I rather stupidly 'parked' my '78 500w into a wall yesterday. I think the fork tubes may be too bent for Phillpotts to straighten. I have seen Disco Volante mentioned on the forum for replacements, but I think they have now ceased trading. Mdina are out of stock.

On trawling the net it seems that TNK make replacements, I have also seen Brooks Suspension and Bits 4 Motorbikes list them. Has anyone tried these options or have any other suggestions of suppliers, ideally, in the UK?

Thanks Andy
George 350

Re: Replacement Fork Tubes

Post by George 350 »

Brooks and Wemoto advertise Tarozzi fork tubes - I got mine through Wemoto.
Morini may well not be listed, but Ducati Pantah probably are, and they will fit. I have these on my Strada.
Just beware, in my case I found differences between my '78 fork internals and top caps when compared to the later ('80 on?) Ducati parts. I do know others have fitted these tubes without issue, so probably depends on when your bike was built. If you go this route, I'm sure I can find the sketches of the modifications.
Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
George.

Ps: check your steering head bearings for damage too.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Bad luck but at least you are not smacked up. I just om’d you.
Good hunting John
andygrew

Post by andygrew »

I got a pair of Pantah tubes from Wemoto as suggested. I Emailed them first to check the thread pitch for the top caps and the depth of the recess at the bottom and they replied within a couple of hours. Then ordered them and they were delivered the next day. Excellent service from Wemoto.

The tubes are an exact fit and were reduced to £150 each so was not much more than getting rechromed.

Good result, thanks for the tip.

Andy