Replicating Tarozzi Lever in Alloy

Maestro, SEI-V
JonnyP

Replicating Tarozzi Lever in Alloy

Post by JonnyP »

Hi all, just wondering whether any enterprising soul has considered replicating the Tarozzi rearset lever in milled alloy?
The standard item is soft as butter as you'll know, and is damaged very easily. I reckon that a nicely machined alloy replica would be a great idea!
simonnorthroad

Re: Replicating Tarozzi Lever in Alloy

Post by simonnorthroad »

You could try waterjetuk.com?
They dont mind one offs/small production runs I learn from the Butchered Classics FB group.
I was wondering about this too.
There are various engineers who make alloy yokes etc for custom-bike builders too, inc www.marmisto.co.uk/retro-bits
JonnyP

Post by JonnyP »

Thanks Simon, good suggestions. Supply of the Tarozzi items in this country seems to be a little sporadic too.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Try Mauro Gini. His rearsets look nice. Not seen them in the flesh although I have bought other parts from him in the past

https://www.morinispecial.it/accessori-gini.html
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

I thought he'd stopped manufacturing them a year or more ago?
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

I contacted him recently and was going to do another batch. Give him a try. I'm waiting to get my bike before committing.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

simonnorthroad wrote: 12 Dec 2023 17:37 You could try waterjetuk.com?
They dont mind one offs/small production runs I learn from the Butchered Classics FB group.
I was wondering about this too.
There are various engineers who make alloy yokes etc for custom-bike builders too, inc www.marmisto.co.uk/retro-bits
Thanks for the idea and for mentioning this in the 3 1/2 section of the forum. I've sent marmisto a message to ask him if he'd be up for helping make some or all of the tarozzi parts. For me, the lever arms would be most useful, followed by the plates. The tarozzi footrests seem to be sufficiently robust that it might not be worth the expense of getting these made.