Sachse Ignition Kit

Maestro, SEI-V
JonnyP

Sachse Ignition Kit

Post by JonnyP »

I've just ordered the Sachse Ignition kit for my 500- looking forward to receiving it. In the meantime, I have a couple of questions please for anyone who has done this conversion:
1. Does the 'black box' of the Sachse replace the Morini Regulator, indeed does it fit in place of the Regulator behind the side panel?
2. I've also ordered the ignition coils from Sachse which are recommended by them for use with their ignition kit (photo). These come with mounting brackets (specific for the Morini 500 I hope) as you can see, but being cylindrical I'm wondering whether these will these fit in the same place as the original coils beneath the fuel tank?
Thanks for any feedback 👍
Attachments
Screenshot_20210625-111406.jpg
Screenshot_20210625-111406.jpg (162.18 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
robint

Re: Sachse Ignition Kit

Post by robint »

Coils will fit very neatly under the tank, but need careful placing in the bracket - also which way round as well for clearance and ability to get HT leads in right place! Run wires carefully too...checking they are the right way to the right coil.
Not quite sure what you mean by the regulator under the side panel - do you mean the rectifier and voltage regulator? Not affected by the ignition change so left as is. Need to find a home for the Sachse black box which fits (in my case) under the LH cover attached to the tool tray with a home fabricated bracket and cable ties - works but could be more professional with a purpose made bracket that I don't have the equipment to make.
Sorry no pictures, but if you get stuck than I could probably get some taken! It isn't as difficult as maybe I have made it sound, but does need care.
robint
(Morini, Enfield, Deauville, SLK and home to support)
JonnyP

Re: Sachse Ignition Kit

Post by JonnyP »

Thanks Robin, that's really useful and much appreciated. I've also found this after digging around, which will be most helpful:
"Installing Elekronik Sasche MHP Digital Ignition in 500W - MRC Forum- brought to you by www.morini-riders-club.com" viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6136