New Rear Caliper Brake Pistons

Maestro, SEI-V
JonnyP

New Rear Caliper Brake Pistons

Post by JonnyP »

Thought I'd list this as a separate topic, even though it's related to the dust seal issue discussed below. During my current 500 restoration, I discovered that new pistons for the rear caliper are unobtainable anywhere it seems. I contacted Powerhouse in Chesterfield (they were recommended within this forum previously) and thanks to exceptional service from Paul there, have now been successful. Powerhouse had a good look around, and came across a company with a supply of NOS genuine Grimeca pistons for go-kart brakes. These require only a little machining to the overall piston length to make them identical to the Morini item. Powerhouse obtained the pistons and machined them for me. Photo shows new piston next to the old one. No further feedback as yet since my project is ongoing, but I hope this may help others who may need these as spares. Full marks to Powerhouse for excellent service.
Attachments
20210519_063154_copy_1466x712.jpg
20210519_063154_copy_1466x712.jpg (498.41 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
julianharty

Re: New Rear Caliper Brake Pistons

Post by julianharty »

Jonny, thanks for the really helpful news. Where did you obtain suitable seals from?

If you're able to provide part numbers and/or details of the models these parts are supposed to fit it may help others track them down in future e.g. if Paul ever leaves Powerhouse, and so on.
JonnyP

Post by JonnyP »

Hi Julian, thanks for the reply. As soon as I get everything together I'll post the details once I know it all fits. Fingers crossed!
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

Glad to hear Powerhouse came up with the goods! They certainly try hard.

Nick
JonnyP

Post by JonnyP »

Yes indeed, I was very impressed, they really did go well beyond expectations!