Rear Brake Caliper Pistons

Maestro, SEI-V
JonnyP

Rear Brake Caliper Pistons

Post by JonnyP »

Looking through this forum, I had concluded that new rear caliper pistons seem to be unobtainable; Mdina also does not list them. More web research lead me to Gutsibits, whom many of you may know as suppliers of Moto Guzzi spares. They list a part BRA11000 which is a kit of 2 x Brembo Pistons, exactly to the dimensions for the Morini (38mm Diam x 20mm deep). Details here: https://www.gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShop/ ... =d&Model=0. You will see from the link that these pistons fit a number of different bikes - but Morini is not one of them. These are currently out of stock, however I wondered if anyone has used these successfully in a Morini 500? From my standpoint, as long as the diameter and depth are correct, it should not matter? Thanks for any guidance.
nickst4

Re: Rear Brake Caliper Pistons

Post by nickst4 »

Just a little info that might help if you can't get the real thing, and that is that Powerhouse.uk do nice stainless pistons for some Brembo calipers, and they are good people to deal with, trying very hard to satisfy customers.

Nick
JonnyP

Post by JonnyP »

Hi Nick, thanks to your advice I have now spoken with Paul at Powerhouse, and they certainly appear to be knowledgeable and most cooperative. I'm sending them my caliper for inspection, and look forward to their guidance. This forum is most useful for this kind of help! Much appreciated.
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

Hi Jonny,

Glad to help. I don't have a 'classic' Morini but keep an eye on the older bikes and chip in if I think there's something I can add. Powerhouse bent over backwards to sort a problem I had with the very common Brembo four-pot calipers on my Cagiva Raptor 1K. In their view, Brembo might not have been as consistent in the machining of caliper piston bores as they should, hence piston stiction can be very high. That surprises me, but hopefully I can get that bike out soon to test it. Plenty power needs plenty braking!

Nick (Morini Scrambler 1200)