What's the clutch hub part number ?

Maestro, SEI-V
hotngone

What's the clutch hub part number ?

Post by hotngone »

Just bought an otherwise very nice 1980 500, but the clutch is more like an on /off switch. The previous owner fitted all new plates which are still nice and flat, however it's still not right and the real issue I suspect is the grooving and steps on the steel splined center hub in the clutch.

I feel parts lists and diagrams should be something I can find on-line or at least get electronically. Can anyone help with this.

Regards

Steve
Asheville, NC
hendre

Re: What's the clutch hub part number ?

Post by hendre »

are the plates in the right order? you have a concaved steel and a one sided grooved compound plate. The have to be in in the right order otherwise you get this on/off behaviour

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/forum ... der#p28964

for the full setup see page 11 of this document (Surflex) http://www.surflexclutches.com/Surflexc ... ane%29.pdf
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

If there's too much play between inner and outer clutch basket thx clutch comes in with a bang as the play is taken up. Shimming fixes it and is a well known Morini mod
hotngone

Post by hotngone »

Ah hah. Step one on the road to fixing this looks easy. My steel plates and friction plates are ALL the same throughout the clutch ! So I need to order the "special" friction and concave plate that go adjacent to the engine.

I'm still not clear about the basket to hub shimming. I'll do some searching as it seems to be a common problem that's fixed
hotngone

Post by hotngone »

Is there a link to what clutch shimming is and how to do it ?
Ming

Post by Ming »

I think it's been covered. Try using the search function (top right).