Voltage Regulator

Maestro, SEI-V
deslandes3074

Voltage Regulator

Post by deslandes3074 »

Can anyone supply details of a replacement voltage regulator for my '78 strada? Mdina lists one for a 2 yellow wire alternator, mine has 2 yellow wires and 1 red wire (as well as a red and a brown). Is this the correct replacement? Or is there a suitable alternative off another make/ model? How specific do they have to be? Can you just replace it with one with the same connections? There aren't a lot of options here in Australia except for Ebay.
Ming

Re: Voltage Regulator

Post by Ming »

I have a Boyer Power Box on my Strada. Just the 2 yellows from the generator are used, output of the box can be used with or without a battery. It's never given any trouble so I've also used them on other bikes, including a Kanguro and a 250C2.
Canuck750

Post by Canuck750 »

I put one of these on my 500W, same unit I installed on my 75 Ducati 860GT, comes with instructions on how to hook it up

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Electrica ... Drive-etc/

huub

Post by huub »

i fit 10 euro aliexpress regulators to my bikes ,my 350 is currently running a xv250 regulator, but i suppose any other two wire regulator should do the trick.
i never attempted to get a warning light working , so the lack of warning light might be a drawback.
to be honest , i never bothered they are hardly visible anyway.
first thing i do buying a old bike is to dump as much of the 30 year old electronics as possible.
Most of my bikes now run chinese coils and regulators, i haven't had one fail yet.