Sump plug

Maestro, SEI-V
MickeyMoto

Sump plug

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello,

I decided to change my oil for the Dijon trip, and I couldn't get the plug back in. The plug thread is fine but the sump itself looks knackered. Does anybody know the thread size, please, or have a tap they can lend me?

Or, is it a complete strip down and rebuild jobbie?

Tis a bugger. Also in the magnetic part of the plug was what I thought to be an excess of metal, turns out to be what looks like bits of an elastic band! Any thoughts?

thanks,

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Re: Sump plug

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think it is 22x1.5mm.

Anyway, I have had a fettle this morning, cleaned the plug thread and the sump thread damage and have managed to get the plug in and tight. So now to pour the oil.

A friend of mine had a similar situation, he used a longer plug. He bought one of those suction pumps and now sucks his oil out. He says it works really well and there is less mess.

So, back on track, just need tyres and the head bearings doing.

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Not that I'm any profit, but was the elastic, gasket goo of some sort, may even have come off the sump plug, as a PO may have added goo to the threads?

George
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi George,

When I took the filter out the rest of the elastic band came out.... :lol:

SO I do not know how the hell it got there. Mind you, I haven't started the bike since so maybe that was the propulsion unit and it is now broken.....

Mike.