500 vs. Pantah

Maestro, SEI-V
sheddweller

500 vs. Pantah

Post by sheddweller »

I saw a reference recently to a comparo run in the November 1980 Biker mag??? between a 500 Ducati Pantah and a 500 Maestro. Does anyone know of a link to that article, or where I might be able to get a copy of it?? That mag doesn't come to Australia, and I would love to see how those two bikes rate against each other. I do have a few Morini reviews from Oz mags but I imagine they have migrated onto the internet years ago.
stevie-h

Re: 500 vs. Pantah

Post by stevie-h »

Hi,

"Bike" magazine August 1980 published article featuring 500 Maestro sport vs 500 Pantah vs Benelli 500/4 vs Laverda Monjuic 500. Came out it in my last year at school (when a peniless schoolboy), guess which bike review had the most far reaching effect on me?.....(Thought provoking and epoch making stuff etc.)...see my latter day collection of morinis as testament(will web chronicle soon).......if this mag article is what you are looking for, will scan and e-mail, but copies are quite widely available via e-bay etc.......... let me know eh?

Hey is it not your goodself promosed photos of good Jap sourced Morinii to this very forum?

Regards

Steve Hart
sheddweller

Re: 500 vs. Pantah

Post by sheddweller »

Steve, You guys on this Forum are really on the ball!!! I did ask for a while to get the Japanese sourced Morinis into more photogenic condition but can see that won't wash. I've been away for a week but will take camera to shed this week. I would love a copy of the test comparo. Email quality is all I need. While I really like the 600 Pantahs, I've always thought the 500 was a bit dissapointing. I sold the 500 Pantah we imported and have kept the 500 Sport, so I've already voted. I hope my opinion doesn't change after I have rebuilt the Sport and seen it's full potential!!!
Thanks,
Garry.
grryroberts@hotmail.com
p.s. The 500 Pantah we sold did just come 4th in the Aust. Historic titles Period 5 1972-1982) but it had a major rebuild to achieve that too.