Suitability of 500 for touring

Maestro, SEI-V
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Suitability of 500 for touring

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mike,

For many of us in the club the 500 was our Morini of choice back in our youth, so your discover is of no surprise to us.
I still have the throw over panniers and tank bag in the loft to remind me of those overseas trips, Italy, Holland, IOM
Now of course they go on the 350 although the 9 1/2 tends to be used for the longer runs. On that subject a few of us are planning a trip to the Dijon next May. The event is similar to 1000 bikes at Mallory but of course you get the pleasure of riding down and spending a few days in France. Our accommodation will be hotels, no camping for us, with two groups, one south via the tunnel and other north, sailing from Hull. Last trip in 2010 visiting our Morini friends in Holland was a great success. You are welcome to join us. Full details will be posted later in the year including where we will be staying and contact details for the two groups travelling down. Should be a good trip.

Regards

Paul
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Paul,

Dijon sounds good, thanks. I'll look for the details.

Sitting here watching the rain wishing I was pootling about on the 500.... oh well.

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Well,

All I can say is that the 500 is very suitabe for touring.

Economical, comfortable, reliable (ish)

Just got back from Dijon and did 650 miles in 15 hours yesterday. Bike is fly stained but looks like it could do it again with no problems.

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

How is the bike Mike?
Not a Torre Canyon job I hope.

Cheers George
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi George,

Cleaned and ready for action. I did take her for a ride at the weekend and the oil flow has diminished. Still need to do the seals but I think I'll leave it to the winter.

Just a few drips on the garage floor and most of them are from the drain plug which needs a new seal.

Have you got the Camel yet?

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Camel not stabled as yet, which is a good thing as the CB is still on EBay, nowhere to put it until it's sold.
Good to hear the bikes not off piste, or some such words.

G.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965