Mirrors

Maestro, SEI-V
snatchpiece

Mirrors

Post by snatchpiece »

Does anyone have mirrors on their Stradas, I'm not too comfortable not having them. There appears to be a fitment for a mirror on the left side of the handlebars but nothing on the all important right hand side. I don't fancy a bar end mirror, don't think it would look right on a Strada.
1980 Moto Morini Strada 500
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Mirrors

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I had the same issue with my 350 Strada last year as like mine yours must be an import with provision only for a left hand mirror. LIke most people the problem was solved at NLM.
At little cost Rob was able to offer a choice of mirrors. These days most of the danger arrives from behind so eyes in the back of your head come in very useful.

Safe Riding

Paul.

ps Do you intend doing the Wold Run on 1st May?
enfie

Post by enfie »

Had a pair of mirrors fitted to my Strada when I picked it up from NLM last year. There is a clamp available (from NLM) which has a threaded boss built in. These mirrors are pretty useless, once up to speed the view is just a blur, OK in towns and low speeds though. Took them off this year and I have quickly got used to look backs. I think the bike looks better without them, but I might try a bar-end mirror.

Cheers, Enfie.
snatchpiece

Post by snatchpiece »

Emmohaswheelsagain wrote:ps Do you intend doing the Wold Run on 1st May?
Thanks for the reply.
I was not intending to do the Wolds Run, but may change my mind if a few of the local 'lads' decide to do it. If so I'll let you know.
1980 Moto Morini Strada 500