Seat re-covering etc

Maestro, SEI-V
Steve Brown

Re: Seat re-covering etc

Post by Steve Brown »

morini_tom wrote: I would have thought that getting something similar for the 500 would also be worthwhile. Hey- it might even convince you to keep the 500!

Tom

Too late now the job is underway and Leightons don't do them anyway. He's actually quite anti them! I reckon it must be that the seat really is comfortable :wink: It must just be my hind quarters and so therefore I will be able to sell the Sport seat at a huge price as they are so desireable :)
As for keeping it;-the bugger was hard to start after work tonight, eventually firing on the rear only till the flooded front pot cleared-I had to bump start it :!: I'm not 21 anymore sadly, so if it isn't transformed by fitting a new seat and maybe some plug caps, it may have to justify it's keep before a tribunal. (That's Barbara, Me and the bank statement)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Re: Seat re-covering etc

Post by Steve Brown »

Update as promised. Collected the seat from Leightons on Friday, fitted it and test rode it over to NLM same day. 40 miles round trip, and it's a big improvement over the Sport seat. It looks pretty good too, but doesn't have the original pattern on top, no bother to me. He quoted me £80 incl VaT, but in the end it cost me only £70! So a good result.
I'll let it live here a bit longer, or at least till I get wind of another project to bolt my sidecar to. Of course, if you do happen to have a 1940's/50's bike of 500cc plus that you might want to trade, do get in touch!

Steve.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.