Absolute Beginner

Maestro, SEI-V
snatchpiece

Absolute Beginner

Post by snatchpiece »

Hi all,

I am a very luck fella, my wife has bought me a 1980 Strada 500 for my 60th birthday (December, she wont let me ride it till then). I have older brit bikes (Matchless 650 & Triumph 500) and have never had any involvement with Italian motorbikes so I'm a total newcomer. I bumped into the guy who was selling the Strada by accident, one thing led to another and the missus paid for it! It's in fabulous condition with 12 months MOT. I rode it home this morning totally unprepared for what it might be like but I was not dissappointed, it's fantastic, obviously after the 1950's brit bikes the power is awesome, it sounds fantastic and handles beautifully, I just loved it and can't wait to get it on the road and enjoy it more.
1980 Moto Morini Strada 500
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hello, you must be the same snatchpiece as on the jampot site! Funny, but quite a few AjsMoc members have Morinis too. You'll love it I'm sure. I bet you've heard already that the only difference between the sport and strada is the top yoke and bars/seat? And if you want to go the sporty route, I have a sport yoke I'd swap for a strada item :wink:

Steve, (known in some areas as Bjork)
Emmohaswheelsagain

500 Strada

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

It might be a long time to your 60th birthday now you have had a chance to ride the Morini. I use to own a 500 Strada back in the 1980's indeed you might even have my old bike, stranger things have happened. Well if you can wait you are welcome to ride up to Willingham Woods east of Market Rasen where you will see a couple of Morini's on the 3rd Sunday of every month. I would hope you would join the riders club of course indeed I would recommend it just for the chance to meet up with lots of like minded bikers who happen to like Morini's. Like you of course many ride other makes and do not restrict themselves just to Morini. Enjoy the bike and all thats go with owning an italian classic.

Safe Riding

Paul
jotapip

Post by jotapip »

I didnt realise there were so many morinisti in lincs,that makes three of us,welcome to the forum snatchpiece!
snatchpiece

Post by snatchpiece »

Steve Brown wrote:Hello, you must be the same snatchpiece as on the jampot site!
Yes, I'm the same snatchpiece :)

The Morini's so different from my G12, which I think is a good thing. However I now have four bikes and each has a different gearchange set-up, quite daunting for a guy of my age, hopefully it will keep me young.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

What a remarkably lucky chap indeed to have a wife that buys you a motorcycle.This probably beats my friend's wife who insists on never going on his motorcycle.Every ride a guilt free one.
And to think there are poor chaps out there who get wallpaper steamers for presents.
snatchpiece

Post by snatchpiece »

jotapip wrote:I didnt realise there were so many morinisti in lincs,that makes three of us,welcome to the forum snatchpiece!
I was talking to Hugo from Classic Bike mag last night, he's got one and lives in Lincs, also a guy in our club has a 3 1/2 and lives just over the border in Cambs, there's probably more lurking in the shadows.
snatchpiece

Post by snatchpiece »

Some pics of my newly acquired beauty.

Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Nice bike Snatchpiece, hope to see you out on the bike next year.

Regards

paul
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Beautifull !!!

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel