Clutch Lever Ferrule

jb666

Clutch Lever Ferrule

Post by jb666 »

Investigating a stiff clutch on the Camel and found that the small round ferrule that the clutch cable sits in in the clutch lever is missing.

Anyone got one spare?

I've looked at the parts list but the diagrams I've got just show a complete clutch lever assembly so I've not got a part number to hunt with.

John.
3potjohn

Re: Clutch Lever Ferrule

Post by 3potjohn »

Hi John
I have made a few cables up for various bikes and had to get “ferrule sleeves” from Venhill who list two, N8 (8mm) and M10 (10mm) which fit over the larger nipple at the lever. Not sure if this is what you need?
John
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Update on my dilemma ..............

If you take a brass 1/4 straight - 1/4 compression fitting and give it a dose of lathe you can make a more than respectable version!! Along with a bit of drilling the jobs a good'un!

Clutch is now smooth and with correct adjustment of the actuator arm doesn't cause the veins in my arm to burst!!

John.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Well done- a good solution. No lathe for me unfortunately.
Fastmongrel

Post by Fastmongrel »

jb666 wrote: 15 Oct 2023 18:29 Update on my dilemma ..............

If you take a brass 1/4 straight - 1/4 compression fitting and give it a dose of lathe you can make a more than respectable version!! Along with a bit of drilling the jobs a good'un!

Clutch is now smooth and with correct adjustment of the actuator arm doesn't cause the veins in my arm to burst!!

John.
You say a 1/4in compression fitting do you mean the compression olive the one that's like a brass wedding ring
1981 3 1/2 Strada
jb666

Post by jb666 »

No that would be the olive. I machined the fitting it seats in - the benefit of having been an instrument tech in a paper mill meant there was always a handful in the toolbag!