number 4 slide for VHB24BS

125H

number 4 slide for VHB24BS

Post by 125H »

I am looking for a new unused slide for a VHB24BS Dellorto carburettor, my old slide is showing some wear and may need replacing in time.
Its appreciated these spares are no longer made and in short supply but if you have one for sale please let me know.

Regards
Leonard.
morini_tom

Re: number 4 slide for VHB24BS

Post by morini_tom »

Can’t help with this myself, but have you tried Eurocarb?

I’ve always found them to be most helpful and knowledgeable, and whilst not listing the exact part you want, might be able to advise on an alternative. If you can get a slide with a smaller cutaway than you need, you can always have the cutaway machined to the appropriate size.

Also, on the v twins, a leaner slide cutaway than standard has been known to help with rich off-idle running so possible that the 50 might be ok on the 125 (pure speculation there, not based on any experience of the 125 personally)

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dellort ... -26-slide/
125H

Post by 125H »

Hi Tom,

thanks for the input, Eurocarb do not have any number 4 slides, they do have a reproduction 5 which I have bought from them, its well made and finished but I don't know how it will work in practice, I was told that they do give a better pick up with modern fuels.

The motor has been rebuilt so I wanted to get it running and run in before I start tinkering with the settings, not an easy task with a 125H if you view some of the posts under singles!

I may be able to have the old 4 slide plated which may reduce any wear but I will see how I get on at present.

Thanks again.

Leonard.
hombre

Post by hombre »

I have two carburettor-bodies with slides VHB24BS (not new), when interested let me know
125H

Post by 125H »

Hello Hombre

thanks for your reply, I have since fitted a number 5 from Eurocarb which appears to be working OK so I am alright for slides at this time.
Thanks again for your reply.

Regards
Leonard.