500 W regulator help needed

Canuck750

500 W regulator help needed

Post by Canuck750 »

I have been having an on and off struggle with getting a regulator / rectifier to work. Last year I had the stator rewound by Westcounty Windings, just the 5 charging coils and not the ignition coil. I have converted the bike to Sasche Ignition. I had installed a reg/rec from Rick's Moto Electirc n the USA that is advertised as working on a Ducat single phase stator (I have the same unit in my 1975 Ducati 860 GT with Sasche ignition). The reg/rec worked for a while but now its not putting out anything on the DC side.

The Morini 500 with the 5 charging coils has two wires coming out (as discussed with Westcounty Windings this was all I that is needed). At 5000 rpm the stator is putting out about 60 volts AC from the two wires coming from the stator coils.

I just bought a new Ducati 2 wire reg/rec from Mdina Italy and hooked it up as I figure is correct: the two wires from the stator (my stator has one yellow and one red from the coils) connected to the two G terminals on the reg/rec. A brown jumper wire from reg/rec R+B terminal to fuse box brown wire terminal and a ground wire from the reg/rec body to engine ground.

I am not getting anything above the 12.4 volts of the fully charged battery at idle or up to 5000 rpm. So in effect I am not getting anything out of the reg/rec in DC voltage.

I must have something not connected properly, any help much appreciated

Canuck750

Re: 500 W regulator help needed

Post by Canuck750 »

this is the reg that came with the bike, can anyone tell me where the white and red wires go, the two yellow to reg/rec yellow posts and the green goes to ground I assume
This reg/rec is testing good for diodes between a yellow ad red wire om both yellow wires (current in one direction only)

I just can not get DC volts out of it, I tried the red wire to fuse box and I also took a reading off the red wire to my multimeter, nothing. I do not have the white hooked up to anything yet.

I cant get any of the three reg/rec I have to send DC volts.