Twin disc master cylinder

Stempy

Twin disc master cylinder

Post by Stempy »

Wanted Twin disc master cylinder with dog leg lever for 350 ,or anyone know of any after market replacements

Cheers
stempy
BumbleBee

Re: Twin disc master cylinder

Post by BumbleBee »

If you want something Italian from the same era I think Brembo master cylinders fitted to 350/500 Ducatis etc would be about the same piston size. If you are not fussed then several people on this forum have been satisfied with japanese /Chinese ones :-)
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

You'll probably get the same advice as on fb. Did you decide against the Mdina ones?

One of the dangers of buying a random Japanese/Chinese one is sourcing the right seal kit when the time comes, or the next owner not knowing what to source.
DD
MRC 3082½
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

DD,

The price of a new Chinese one one is less than a seal kit for a Grimeca! Not particularly reusable but a solution if there are no other options.

I have an unused one.
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Thanks for the reply guys, i have decided to go with a Brembo PS16 purchased from ,
https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en/bre ... rvoir.html
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

MickeyMoto wrote: 14 Jul 2022 07:54 DD,

The price of a new Chinese one one is less than a seal kit for a Grimeca! Not particularly reusable but a solution if there are no other options.

Completely agree, but personally I feel some responsibility to maintain the Italian-ness of my bike as it's lasted this long with the correct parts. Everyone knows the other option exists but they're made of chocolate and likely can't be re-sealed. Just a waste of time and metal.
MRC 3082½