For the club strada- marzocchi dampers

morini_tom

For the club strada- marzocchi dampers

Post by morini_tom »

The club’s 350 strada is undergoing a bit of an overhaul and it’s aftermarket rear dampers are past their best.

We would like to re fit some original type marzocchis.

If anyone has a spare pair languishing under then bench (even ones that need a rebuild!) then please let us know.

Thanks,
Tom
Daddy Dom

Re: For the club strada- marzocchi dampers

Post by Daddy Dom »

I don't have any but I roundly applaud the use of Italian components.

I appreciate that in the UK Hagons may well be an easy fix (despite my not bonding with them at all) but they also serve to "de-Italianise" the model significantly.

DD
MRC 3082½
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Dom,

Completely agree. We don’t intend for the club strada to be a concours, as it left the factory example, more an honest and reliable bike that is the best version of itself.

We want to use it to help show our members things they can to to keep their Morini on the road whilst staying true to itself.

Sourcing and overhauling a set of marzocchis is one such step, and there are also some engine and electrical items also currently in progress too, all of which will be shared with the club for the greater good.

I reckon marzocchi dampers come out of the woodwork a couple of times a year so if anyone reading this has a set they don’t need, please get in touch

Ps the Hagons currently on the bike I’m sure can probably be rebuilt too but that’s not the approach we want to take for the benefit of our members. When we have a set of marzocchis the hagons will be available (or are available to trade…)
Ming

Post by Ming »

I have a couple of pairs of Marzocchi rear shocks in the barn, which may be of use. Both pairs need overhaul. I may be able to get them to Abergavenny during the first week in August, but will be pressed for time (family visit).
Motonig

Post by Motonig »

Hi if you still need some there are some on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share
£15. Might be OK to rebuild.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Thanks for the steer, although the club strada was kindly donated a pair for rebuild by Jenny and so we are back on the road and riding nicely once again.

Tom