Instrument Binnacle for 250c

TonyP

Instrument Binnacle for 250c

Post by TonyP »

Hello to all.. I bought TAJ948X during lock down. This is my first foray into Morini having owned/ridden bikes for many years..old age is telling me my Velo Venom is getting heavy! The 250c is a pleasant surprise and is ticking the boxes..just needs a working binnacle, can anyone help please? Plastic around ignition barrel broken off, instruments work fine.
Tony P Woodbridge
mbmm350s

Re: Instrument Binnacle for 250c

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Tony,
welcome to the forum and good to see a 250 2C on the road.
fairly sure its the same as 250T and early Kanguro and you can also use later Kanguro/Camel 501 version which has an indicator repeater light and other lights (oil pressure, neutral) which you can repurpose on a 250 2C if you want.
I fitted one from a Camel.
Someone will have what you need.
Mark
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

Hi Mark, thank you for the info... A neutral warning light would be useful as would turn indicator light.
I have mounted the ignition switch on a stainless plate clamped in the right hand side headlamp bracket.
It works fine butthe binnacle looks as if it has had a tooth removed!
Hopefully a replacement will be found.
Regards
Tony
hombre

Post by hombre »

I have one, but one of its ears is missing. If you are good with glue, you can make one good one from the two ;) Mine has 4 warning light-holes btw, of a Kanguro (?) I probably have some of hose lights as well somewhere.
You can have it for postage (from NL) Send me pm with mail or app-details and I can send a pic
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Mark, thank you for the info... A neutral warning light would be useful as would turn indicator light.
Indicator light is pretty easy to do, just a couple of diodes from the front indicator L and R feeds , put them inside headlight shell
If you are struggling for a source of the T5/286 wedge bulb holders, they were also fitted to Land Rover defenders from 80s and 90s

I don't think you can easily fit the neutral light as that would need the cases to be machined to replicate what was done on later bikes, and may be some other gearbox changes perhaps someone has done it on a 350?
Mark
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

Thanks to both for the information...I will PM Hombre and tke it from there..

Had ride out this morning, just 25 miles on Suffolk back roads through Tunstall Forest and Rendlesham in company with aged mate on an AJS Cadwell He is 90 but you would never know it1.. makes feel quite young. Very enjoyble, engine smooth and quiet,
makes me smile!!..