Flowerpot

3potjohn

Flowerpot

Post by 3potjohn »

Has anyone got an air filter flowerpot going spare? I wish to test if this will make any difference with some fuelling problems. There seems to be more to these 507’s fuelling than one cares to experience. Not to mention flexible couplings......
John
Steve Brown

Re: Flowerpot

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi John. I have a flowerpot from a Kanguro spare. Not sure if the dimensions are the same though? If you are going to Shepton Mallet show I could bring it with me.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hi Steve
That is kind of you, am going on Saturday. I shall be the one with grey hair and a beard. I will pm you....
John
norbert

Post by norbert »

The diameter of the manifold towards the air filter is different with the 25 and 28 Dellortos. PHBH 26 and 28 are the same diameter towards airfilter.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

So if I understand you correctly, the outer airbox diameter are of a larger diameter for the PHBH equipped bikes? No doubt easy to see but more difficult to describe. I am prepared to be illuminated.
Thanks for the help. John
norbert

Post by norbert »

The part (tube) of the carburator where you put on the filter has a firferent diameter. PHBH 28 is 42 mm if I remember it well, VHBZ 25 is smaller . So a flotpower for a VHBZ 25 will not fit a PHBH 28
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Thanks I understand it now. I should remind myself to measure everything, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time , when I have it apart and make a note. I have already been caught out by different sized items e.g clutch hub nut, fork top nuts and steering head nut as compared to my Sport.
Still a 350 one will give me something to work on unless a larger type ever turns up.
My plastic actual flowerpot did fit well with the end cut off.It just seemed ridiculous so did not proceed.
John
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

3potjohn wrote: 13 Feb 2022 22:23 Hi Steve
That is kind of you, am going on Saturday. I shall be the one with grey hair and a beard.
That will qualify as going in disguise!