Strada top yoke wanted

Steve Brown

Strada top yoke wanted

Post by Steve Brown »

I'm looking for a touring/Strada type top yoke. I have a Sport type to exchange if required.
Any offers please?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
hombre

Re: Strada top yoke wanted

Post by hombre »

Here's one: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 8-306-4545
Don't know the seller...
norbert

Post by norbert »

missing the rubber dampers and clamps, looks like an early yoke from a strada
hombre

Post by hombre »

Yes, but the later ones from Kanguro's etc will fit. I saw btw that the same advertiser has a complete set as well
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi Tom,
as you know quite well all these parts, I have a question:
I´ve got two diferent top yokes for the strada: one with these rubber dampers (may that be the original yokes for the Paioli fork of the first drum bake stradas? I guess so)) and the other one without damping, obviosly prepared for the instrument holder, that the older ones did not have.
k-20210321_172548.jpg
k-20210321_172548.jpg (121.01 KiB) Viewed 4468 times
It took me some hours to pimp up the black one for my current proyect to reanimate a 500
k-20210419_110526.jpg
k-20210419_110526.jpg (124.04 KiB) Viewed 4468 times
hombre

Post by hombre »

Not Tom, but Hans ;) Apart from that, I've seen both. The one with the dampers are fitted to the ones with the Paoiliforks, I happen to have picked up a complete one on my last trip (collecting to build another GT in the next decade or so ;) ) The other one in your picture is fitted to my 3 1/2 Strada from 1974, without the holes for an intrumentholder though which is kept in place by the caps on the forklegs.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Thanks Hans :oops: :P
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Thanks Norbert and Hans. I haven't seen the type with rubber damping before and would prefer to find the later type. I can build the bike with what I already have and hope to find a yoke when I am not looking for one. :wink:
I suppose the old situation of everyone wanting to Sportify Stradas has passed? Now that the average motorcyclist is well into his 50's/60's or even more.
hombre

Post by hombre »

It seems like it, people also want the startermotor back nowadays ;)
norbert

Post by norbert »

:lol: That´s one of the reasons to build up the 500 :wink: A bit more comfotale, it´ll be my first bike with e-starter. I still come along quite well, travelling with the clipons and a tankbag, but my personal bodywork won´t get better. So I´m lucky to have a 5 pieces Brevetatto handelbar from a Laverda. I can start like clipons and end up with a touring handlebar one day :D
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

hombre wrote: 20 Dec 2021 20:20 It seems like it, people also want the startermotor back nowadays ;)
Genau das-I fitted a starter to my Camel. My excuse was that kickstarting after multiple falls gets more tiring for riders aged over 60 with excess baggage.
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hehe, oh yes I can imagine that. I did a Himalayatour on one of the infamous Enfields, at a certain point we were stuck in some mud, ours had the very convenient electric start, next to me was lady having her red face popping out of the helmet kickstarting it, stalling it, etc...
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

At the risk of taking this thread further off course it happened to me recently - took the bike up Hard Knott, a bit blase as its a route I do fairly often and going past lots of tourists (pride comes before a fall). Went past a group on old Lambrettas, then round one of the steepest bends into one of the steepest slopes to find a new big pothole in front of me, fluffed it, slowed but was in second and stalled it. Just sat there mid very steep hill as the Lambrettas all went round me (the shame) apart from one who did exactly the same thing. I did try kicking it to no avail then one of my nastiest bike experiences slowly reversing down the slope step by step to the apex of the bend where I could turn it and let it run down the slope to jump start. Needless to say I have dug out the starter motor from the plastic bag it came in when I bought the bike. I also have Strada yoke and bars waiting for the inevitable.
dunk