Kanguro Fuel Tank Wanted

3potjohn

Re: Kanguro Fuel Tank Wanted

Post by 3potjohn »

julianharty

Post by julianharty »

In case it's useful, here's the same item via the UK ebay website so you can see the price in GBP https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402207612866 - beware of possibly import duties and VAT being added to the price.

This tank includes the standard cap (quality of the seal unknown) and overall is in better condition than either of the tanks I photographed. I guess the tradeoffs include logistics and up-front costs of the tank from Germany compared to repainting the spare tank I've got. Again, Pete (acemorini) might well have a suitable tank that's immediately fit for purpose.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Another update, I've found my third tank which is similar to the first two i.e. deep red with the white markings. This one has a standard Kanguro fuel cap. It definitely needs repainting as some of the original paint has come off. It otherwise looks sound. This means I've potentially 2 tanks available.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Ian_C wrote: 14 Aug 2021 20:33 My X1 Kanguro fuel tank is made from glass fibre and the ethanol in modern fuel is affecting it. I applied an internal sealer last year and this worked for a while but I now find that problems are repeating again in the form of blocked carb jets, sticky throttle slides and stiff throttle action if the bike is left standing for a few days. Does anyone have a metal or plastic (Not fibre glass) tank that they wish to part with?
Ian, out of interest which tank sealer did you use?

Cheers,

Kamel.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Julian, are the x0/x1 front forks set up for drum brakes ?
Regards Pete.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

I've replied to Pete by PM so I don't conflate my search with Ian_c's search for a fuel tank.
Ian_C

Post by Ian_C »

Hi Kamel, you asked about the sealant I used in my fibreglass tank, it is called Slosh and claims to be suitable for fibreglass tanks. I am assuming that temperature cycling or machine vibration means that cracks have developed in the sealant so it no longer works. Many thanks to all who have responded to my search for a suitable replacement tank. Ian
1974 350 Strada
1975 350 Strada
1983 X1 Kanguro
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Ian_C wrote: 19 Aug 2021 18:29 Hi Kamel, you asked about the sealant I used in my fibreglass tank, it is called Slosh and claims to be suitable for fibreglass tanks. I am assuming that temperature cycling or machine vibration means that cracks have developed in the sealant so it no longer works. Many thanks to all who have responded to my search for a suitable replacement tank. Ian
Thanks Ian, the reason I ask is that I have a Camel Mk2 with a glass tank. I gave it 2 good coats of Flowliner a couple of years ago and so far it has held with fuel in it for all that time. So unfortunately it seems it's too late for you, I can recommend this product and maybe worth using in a replacement.

https://cwylde.co.uk/flowliner-tank-coatings/

Cheers,

Kamel.
Ian_C

Post by Ian_C »

Hi Kamel, many thanks for letting me know about your experience with Flowliner. I might contact Wildes next week to see if they have any experience of over-coating the Slosh lining that is currently inside the tank.
1974 350 Strada
1975 350 Strada
1983 X1 Kanguro
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Julian,
The tank is steel, I have x3 frame, but no log book, front wheel but no discs, rear wheels x3.
Regards Pete.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

After spending all morning sorting out the back warehouse, unfortunately I cannot find the tank, the only concussion I can come to is I have sold it years ago and have forgotten ( old age creeping up on me, or one of the boys has thrown it in a skip !!!! ) so sorry Ian I looks like i cannot help you out this time.
Regards Pete.
Ian_C

Post by Ian_C »

Hi Pete, I appreciate that you tried to help. If you are ever down my way drop in for a chat. All the best, Ian
1974 350 Strada
1975 350 Strada
1983 X1 Kanguro
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Ian,
Will do.
Regards Pete.