Airbox rubber hoses/connectors

Steve Brown

Airbox rubber hoses/connectors

Post by Steve Brown »

As mentioned in the 500 forum I'm after a pair of hoses to connect the airbox to the carbs on a 500W. Same as for Sport/Sei etc to fit the spectacle shape airbox and not the later cylindrical thing as seen on Monoshock trail models.
If you can spare me a set please get in touch. New would be lovely but good usable used is fine too.
I see that Stargomma list them but am a little concerned that their courier is making hay out of the Brexit tax opportunity and on top of the already salty (I know it's small volume production and all that, but still..) price they could work out too much.
I can't check Mdina at the moment as their website is not available tonight.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
mbmm350s

Re: Airbox rubber hoses/connectors

Post by mbmm350s »

Steve,

I have a pair of used 500W rubbers I think, they are different to 350s,
one may have a small tear, let me check and I will get back to you.

Mark
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Thanks Mark, I've ordered a pair from Mdina-their website is up again and they have them for a reasonable price so I've splashed out for new bits!
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

That's good Steve, as I could only find one, and that has a tear,
I really need a good sort out as I know there is a good one somewhere,
I did find four 350 ones.
Mark
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Mark, I also found a few manky 350 rubbers. One already splitting so I tried it on the 500 just to see. Predictably it was a silly idea but proved that point that although they are very similar they definitely are not the same. I got an email this morning to say that Mdina have actually shipped my order already! They must be getting stuff out as fast as possible before the long drive south. Great for me, I might be able to fit my airbox before my Isle of Man trip-Happy days! :D
norbert

Post by norbert »

These 500 hoses you can use for the Dellortos 26 of the 500 and the 28 for 501(even with the original airbox from the 330) :wink:

Meanwhile the rubbers head/caburator for 500 and 501 is not identical because of the diferent diameter of the metal tube in the heads.If these ones for 500 are still smooth they may serve for 501 heads, but it´s not ideal.