Front wheel spindle wanted-Now sorted thanks!

Steve Brown

Front wheel spindle wanted-Now sorted thanks!

Post by Steve Brown »

Looking for a decent straight front wheel spindle to suit a disc front end. If you have one to spare please let me know!
Last edited by Steve Brown on 26 Mar 2021 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
hombre

Re: Front wheel spindle wanted.

Post by hombre »

Hi Steve, I have a few to spare, let me know if you can't find one closer to home...
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Steve is this for a road bike, off-road, or custom? And do you have measurements to help me match it with anything I've got in my spares. I think I've one or two loose spindles I've accumulated however I don't necessarily know which model(s) they fit.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Hombre and Julian, thanks for the replies and sorry I missed them! I think the job has been sorted locally now so not in need at the moment. It was for a disc road model front fork. I had two to choose from and both were bent in the same place-at the shoulder where the diameter changes from 17mm to what ever the portion clamped in the fork slider is. Must have been pretty bad impacts but neither bike had any other signs of damage. Holding the larger diameter in the lathe and turning it by hand showed the to be about 3mm out at the threaded end!
Anyway, now fixed and thanks for your offers of help.
hombre

Re: Front wheel spindle wanted-Now sorted thanks!

Post by hombre »

Maybe this is some kind of wear? I remember when having fork legs rechromed they were slightly bend also, and I do not recall running into anything! I did have new brake lines, first thing that went after that were the headstockbearings, so maybe that had something to do with this... Anyway looking forward to how your special turns out, pics on fb look promising!
Steve Brown

Re: Front wheel spindle wanted-Now sorted thanks!

Post by Steve Brown »

Thanks Hans, it's coming along nicely. Crossed a few more bridges with it this week so it's now a lot nearer to being rideable. I have a pretty and fitting/tasteful colour scheme in mind for it too :)