500 instrument plastice housing cover

Seagreen

500 instrument plastice housing cover

Post by Seagreen »

Hi, does anyone have a cover for instrument housing that was fitted to 1984 500 Sport that they would be willing to sell? This is the black plastic item that covers the rear of the speedo and tacho units and their 90 deg drive couplings; if so a reply on this thread (or cgreensted@aol.com) would be much appreciated. BTW I am in UK.
Thanks,
Charles
hombre

Re: 500 instrument plastice housing cover

Post by hombre »

Is that the same dashboard as on the Excaliburs, except that that one is 'chromed'? I think I have that bottom part somewhere, I'll have to dig in the shed...
Seagreen

Post by Seagreen »

Hi Hombre,
Thanks for your reply. I do not know the Excalibur well enough to know the answer to your question but I have added a couple of photos that may help answer your question. The part I am after is the lower section with the tapered features; this is a one piece moulding that is attached to the upper via two screws that are fitted equispaced about the centreline, as viewed from the front, and are spaced c.40-50mm apart.
I hope that this helps and let's hope that it is the same part that you have in mind.
Adios,
Charles
Attachments
Side View
Side View
Instrument housing_upper+lower_Lo Res_IMG_2413.jpg (157.88 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
Front View
Front View
Instrument housing_upper+lower_Lo Res_IMG_2412.jpg (211.78 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
hombre

Post by hombre »

Yes that is the one. I took it of a dashboard once and know it is somewhere. It's not where I expected it to be, but if I find it you can have it for postage. Or try to find an Excaliburdash, the shape is the same, that bottom part stays in place with small plastic pins, so you can pop it off.
hombre

Post by hombre »

Found it! Pm me your mail or whatsapp and I'll send some pics
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

@Hombre,
His email address is in his opening request :)
cgreensted@aol.com
Seagreen wrote:Hi, does anyone have a cover for instrument housing that was fitted to 1984 500 Sport that they would be willing to sell? This is the black plastic item that covers the rear of the speedo and tacho units and their 90 deg drive couplings; if so a reply on this thread (or cgreensted@aol.com) would be much appreciated. BTW I am in UK.
Thanks,
Charles
hombre

Post by hombre »

Ah yes, thanks Julian :)