500 Camel fuel tank mounting rubbers

rossguzzi

500 Camel fuel tank mounting rubbers

Post by rossguzzi »

Im looking for some rubbers that fit into the front of the tank mounting holes. Also the steel spacer that fits into the rubbers. Any help ??
Cheers.
norbert

Re: 500 Camel fuel tank mounting rubbers

Post by norbert »

There are diferent diameters of these mountig rubbes acording to the models. Even not all street bikes have the same rubber, but maybe some could fit :wink:
hombre

Post by hombre »

just look for rubber grommets, they are in all sorts of models and sizes, I have cut up a aluminium tube to make my own spacers that fit in the grommets together with a ring instead of those steel ones.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Not sure if you mean the bungs on the frame or rubber with metal insert which has a bolt through the middle. I have a few bits and pieces I could trawl through.

Postage to the old colony might be excessive...
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

Yeh Mickey the front mounts of the fuel tank. If you find some let me know and I could donate some money back to the Mother Country :)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Ross,

I am trying to put up a picture of the various bits, but seems disk space is at a premium.

I'll try and get it into Fukr so you can see my offerings. I have never seen a camel tank mount and am still unsure as to what you are looking for.

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Try this. The ones at the bottom are for K1.

There are various size metal tubes and rubbers, one is for retaining the transducers.

Does anybody have a parts manual for the camel for the part numbers?

rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

I'm sorry I didn't realize the other bikes had different mounting systems. The Camel has a rubber grommet with a steel sleeve. I bought some grommets today but they are not quite the right size. You can see I have a Valentini tank I want to fit. The tank is 6mm thick where the grommet fits in. So normal ones are no good. The shop only had one wide one. Will try different shops tomorrow.
Seems I cant attach pics. I will once quota of attachments is lifted.
Cheers.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

I'm posting this and these photos on behalf of Ian who encountered some problems doing so.

In Ian's words:
Hi,over 10 years ago I bought a non running Camel with the front tank mounts missing.

I ordered a set from NLM but all they could supply were the M7 bolts.

I then discovered that one of the frame mounting threads was damaged so I drilled and tapped the frame for M8 bolts and made up mounts from stuff I had in the workshop.

Later I silver soldered the tube to the washer to form a top hat which made fitting the tank far easier.
Original photos from Ian
Original photos from Ian
Camel Tank.jpg (472.03 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
Original photos from Ian
Original photos from Ian
Camel Tank (1) web.JPG (43.08 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

Thanks for those pics Julian.
I tried everywhere yesterday to get some grommets that fit the Valentini tank. I gave up and ended up elongating the holes in the tank a few mm so the easily available grommets I had would fit. Now I just have to reposition the throttle cable splitter and perhaps the coils so the tank will slid on. Then I will see if the standard tank steel grommet inserts will fit, or I make some more.
Cheers.
Attachments
IMAG4636.jpg
IMAG4636.jpg (51.16 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
IMAG4635.jpg
IMAG4635.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 5312 times