501 parts wanted

Gpz900r

501 parts wanted

Post by Gpz900r »

Has anyone got a pair of rocker box breather unions and bolts for a 501 also a standard clutch spring retaining nut for the clutch
Thanks Steve
simonnorthroad

Re: 501 parts wanted

Post by simonnorthroad »

I replied to this elsewhere on the Forum but got no reply. If you dont want any help, dont post and waste peoples time
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Why cannot you SEARCH for what you are looking for, they originally came from some standard engineering supplier, or you could get your moron's idiot phone out of your pocket, if smaller enough and grunt into it whilst colliding with people walking past.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I think both the last two replies unecessarily rude. You can always ignore a post you don't like (he said, not taking his own advice).
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Ming wrote:I think both the last two replies unecessarily rude. You can always ignore a post you don't like (he said, not taking his own advice).
Agreed! :roll: I wouldn't want to see this forum degenerate.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Quite right Steve. The forum is meant to help and encourage people, and personal comments and rudeness are not welcome.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MarkB wrote:Quite right Steve. The forum is meant to help and encourage people, and personal comments and rudeness are not welcome.
I concur. We wouldn't want it getting like the VMCC forum does sometimes - a load of grumpy old men arguing the toss about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin - or over Triumph rocker spindle o-ring/slot sizes!

Having said that, a few observations.
It is always a good idea to use the forum search facility before 'reinventing the wheel with a frequently asked question.
Definitely worth subscribing to a topic posted asking for parts etc. - that way a reply won't be missed.
If you want to indulge in a bit of 'flaming' I can suggest a motorcycle Usenet newsgroup (from the dawn of the internet JFGI ;) ) where robust discussion is positively encouraged. There, however, you can be sure that on any subject under the sun there will actually be a real expert who knows more than you do about it.
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

I consider myself appropriately admonished but it is frustrating to take the time to offer the help that is requested but to then be ignored and see the same appeal appear again in a different section, cluttering up the forum unnecessarily . I'd consider that a fundamental rudeness also
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

simonnorthroad wrote:I consider myself appropriately admonished but it is frustrating to take the time to offer the help that is requested but to then be ignored and see the same appeal appear again in a different section, cluttering up the forum unnecessarily . I'd consider that a fundamental rudeness also
I understand that frustration Simon, but it's just the way forums and the internet are sadly. People (including me sometimes) expect to just pop in and get the answer they need immediately and without having to search for it. Maybe they are used to busier (common bike :wink: ) forums where there are always lots of people online who have all the answers and are happy to share it. I sometimes find the search facilities a pain in that you end up diverted somewhere completely useless, that may be down to my IT skill levels though.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

The phpBB forum search isn't too bad, but you may have to crank up the 'advanced' version to narrow things down a bit.
search.php

Now wouldn't it be good if you could also do a full text serach across all the old copies of ATG?
I've set that up for 'The GeN' - but that was much less of a task because most of the issues were already digitised as they were created using Desk Top Publishing from the start.
Have a go ;) (sprag clutch) is a good search test.
http://gendms.ddns.net:8080/frontend.js ... gendmslink
Ming

Post by Ming »

It is sometimes difficult to narrow down the search on forums (not just his one). A search on Google can help, using the following format in the browser query box:
your query keywords site:morini-riders-club.com/forum where your query keywords are something like these (going from recent posts) sprag clutch, carb slide, emulsifier.
Gpz900r

Post by Gpz900r »

sorry to those people who felt I had ignored them it wasn't intentional I had posted the message and didn't get a reply for a short while and I eventually did find some
and forgot to post a reply to this effect .
by the way has anyone got a pair of early 350 side panels .I have some spares for a later 350 ,tank ,side panels 502 downpipes and silencers and wheels
Steve
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi Steve, have sent a PM about your 501 spares.
Many thanks, Ian
George 350

Post by George 350 »

Side panels- there were some steel uk made repros on ebay just last week! Just checked and they are still there - type moto morini side panel in the ebay search.
Hope you have big pockets though as they aren't cheap, but then again not expensive if you take tooling costs into consideration.
Regards, George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
Gpz900r

Post by Gpz900r »

Yes thanks I've just looked at them as you say not cheap