2c Clutch lever

RedVee

2c Clutch lever

Post by RedVee »

Hi people, best place to get a clutch lever please.
Apparently they are not terribly good at hitting hard ground! Oops!!
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
mbmm350s

Re: 2c Clutch lever

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi,
The part needed is 41.02.35 - but these haven't been available for a while, NLM had some pattern parts a while back
I bought one of these M066454740 https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/M066454740.html recently, but its expensive and not quite right -
needs some filing to work.
For the 250-2C standard its the same as the dog leg equipped 350s (e-starts) with later adjusters.

I also need one - so if anyone knows of a better source I am sure there is something out there please let us know.
Mark
hendre

Post by hendre »

is it similar to a 125H clutch lever?
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

hendre wrote: 12 Apr 2021 10:10 is it similar to a 125H clutch lever?
If it has the later style adjusters from about 79/80 and a dog leg lever then it probably is.
Cheers
Mark
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Try Ducati Paddy. He has sorted me out in the past.
hendre

Post by hendre »

i'll have a look in the parts bin....
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

On comparison it appears to be the same as my 1977 Strada? But then I don't know if that is the correct one lol.
hendre

Post by hendre »

I found the 125H donor front fork but the clutch lever on it is also broken... sorry
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Thank you very much for looking for me Hendre
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

For those with damaged/broken levers, would it be worth having them ali welded to repair/rebuild them? I realise you might not have the equipment or skills personally, however there are people with suitable TIG welders, etc. and it might be a better solution than having to use levers that don't quite suit. I've got the equipment but not had enough practice to be confident of making a good job of the repair yet - I need lots more practice first!
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

We have a Finnish friend who normally comes over a couple of times a year and stays with us. Over the years any broken levers has coincided with his visits and he is ace at welding them with the kit we have. Unfortunately, as you can imagine, he has no immediate plans to come over and sadly my other half is no where near as good and reluctant to chance it. lol
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

julianharty wrote: 15 Apr 2021 08:51 For those with damaged/broken levers, would it be worth having them ali welded to repair/rebuild them? I realise you might not have the equipment or skills personally, however there are people with suitable TIG welders, etc. and it might be a better solution than having to use levers that don't quite suit. I've got the equipment but not had enough practice to be confident of making a good job of the repair yet - I need lots more practice first!
Hi Julian,
I have one you can practice on, if you come to the BBO meet on the 21st (from 6pm) then its yours to do with whatever you want!
Its snapped at the pivot end.
Mark
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mark,
Thank you I'm willing to practice using your spare lever. And thanks for prompting me about the next section meetup, it's been so long since I last joined you. Presumably it's at the same pub as we've used for years but we have to be outdoors? Let me know if it's elsewhere please.

Julian
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Same place Bell In Aldworth, but earlier and outdoors from 5:30 pm (some of us work) until about 8pm
- retired persons may be there earlier!
solviken

Post by solviken »

Years ago on the 350 which I think is the same as the 250? we used pattern part RD Yam levers which fitted straight in. Just straight not painted and not dog leg as they were more expensive but still loads cheaper than Morini levers.
Did seem to snap and bend levers a lot in those days 😖