Unique handlebar fairing

Morini related only please
3narf

Unique handlebar fairing

Post by 3narf »

Here is my home made fairing, similar to Guzzi LeMans Mk1 but actually made from a BAe ATP propeller spinner fairing- spun aluminium construction. Shown in 1996 shortly after completion- professionally painted shortly after in Ferrari yellow to match the bike.

Screen is a standard Guzzi Mk1 (easy to find spares) and mounting brackets are included.

Looks great on a 3 1/2, doesn't rattle or affect handling and actually works very efficiently to add a bit of top end (slightly wider than the Guzzi item and fairs knees in nicely).

No idea how much to ask as it's a one-off, so offers invited.

Cheers, Andy

melnme@fsmail.net
Morinijen

Post by Morinijen »

Great picture Andy! 8)

I remember being quite taken by your fairing the first time I saw it..

That was at my first ever MRC Track Day, and I still have a couple of photos of you, cheerfully pulling out your clutch plates for the umpteenth time.. :wink:

The year was 1998, so I guess I'll start the bidding at £19:98p.

Best Wishes,
Jenny.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hmmm, doesn't look bad does it? Maybe I should have taken it after all when I picked the bike up :o And I'm glad I fetched it last week, the radio tells me you're pretty well cut off right now? Got the bike running last weekend too-just fuel as suspected, and am waiting for a chance to MoT it now.
That fairing should find a new home alright, you have one offer already!

Steve.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Lovely photo...

Wire wheeled, disc braked Sport

Classic!!! 8)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Morinijen wrote:
The year was 1998, so I guess I'll start the bidding at £19:98p.
£20? For a piece of Club history?!

:o

How are you these days? D'you keep in touch with any of the others?

Yeah, that clutch thing, Blue Bell at Belchford- happy days. What a lovely pub that was for a few short years...
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Steve Brown wrote: And I'm glad I fetched it last week, the radio tells me you're pretty well cut off right now?
It snowed again today, with more forecast, so probably good timing!

So you just had to give the carbs a proper flush out? I wonder if I'd have been able to sell it if I'd had the time to get it running properly!

We'll never know...

A
Morinijen

Post by Morinijen »

Morinijen wrote:The year was 1998, so I guess I'll start the bidding at £19:98p.
3narf wrote:£20? For a piece of Club history?!

:o
T'wasn't meant to be a derisory offer m'dear.. Just wanted to start the ball rolling with the bidding. :)
3narf wrote:How are you these days? D'you keep in touch with any of the others?
Oh yes, very much so. Still see Sally & Phil, John Parbury, Roy Masters, Paul Compton.. the list goes on..
We're at the Stafford show twice a year and other events besides. Don't be shy, it'd be great to see you and Mel again some time.
I even bumped into David Radcliffe on the top deck of a bus the other week.. He seems very happy and is riding a Moto Guzzi LeMans these days.
3narf wrote:Yeah, that clutch thing, Blue Bell at Belchford- happy days. What a lovely pub that was for a few short years...
Happy days indeed.. :) Have you still got that VW Camper Van with the Leopard Skin interior? 8)

Best Wishes,
Jenny.
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Morinijen wrote:
T'wasn't meant to be a derisory offer m'dear.. Just wanted to start the ball rolling with the bidding. :)
:D Don't let my mock outrage fool you! Still not sure if it's worth selling, or if I should hold onto it for when I desperately need another Morini in about 2-3 years' time...

Camper vans? No time for such frivolity nowadays, with three little kids in tow! Actually I did have a nice Type 25 a couple of years back when we only had two children (and only one was walking) and managed a holiday in it. Looks like it's people carriers and cottage hire from now on! :roll:

I will try & get to Stafford one of these days. Do they have a creche? I could sit and play with some lego while Mel walks 'round with the kids.
Morinijen

Post by Morinijen »

3narf wrote: ...Still not sure if it's worth selling, or if I should hold onto it for when I desperately need another Morini in about 2-3 years' time...
You're absolutely right Andy.. It's 'your' fairing, you made it, and it will forever be associated with you, yourself.

Even if I bought it from you for £100 I'd still feel as if I'd stolen it.

Put it on the mantelpiece, or somewhere where you can see it regularly..
That way it'll remind you that you really must get another Morini some day.

And you really must get along to another Morini event as well.. We miss you!

Best Wishes,
Jenny.
3narf

Post by 3narf »

Morinijen wrote: .. We miss you!
Some of you do, anyway! :lol:

I'm sure we'll all catch up in the future...

Cheers, A