Free repaired frame, swingarms and wheels

Morini related only please
Windy Miller

Free repaired frame, swingarms and wheels

Post by Windy Miller »

Free to anyone who can collect from near East Midlands Airport / Donington Park (U.K.) or I can bring to Morini Cadwell track day in July.
3 1/2 frame but read all details to understand it’s condition.
Pair of wire wheels with Morini hubs but some strange rims in poor condition, so only useful for the hubs.
FRAME DETAILS
3 1/2 frame stamped with A1 frame number but no paperwork. We’ve had this frame for about 40 years and it was in use on one of our Morini with no problems back then. I pulled it out last year to use on a project but on inspection it is clear that it has been in an accident and then straightened / repaired. This happened before we owned it and we never realised back then. Check photo of head tube area to see main repair. It looks like a decent repair but in the end I used another frame for my project because it was already registered. The engine mounting holes on the frame have been elongated but can still be used as they are or welded back up.
There are 2 swingarms included. These need to be checked for any twisting and tweaked back straight if needed.
These are headed for the scrap yard if no one wants them, so I thought I’d check if they are any use to Morini enthusiasts first.
289012791_10225357855987813_1019840355915170871_n.jpg
289012791_10225357855987813_1019840355915170871_n.jpg (453.44 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
andy.pig

Re: Free repaired frame, swingarms and wheels

Post by andy.pig »

Hi Windy Miller, could I have the frame. I am going to the track day at Cadwell in July.
Regards Andy P
Windy Miller

Post by Windy Miller »

Yes of course, it’s yours Andy, I’ll bring it to Cadwell with me. I’ll be in a big white Mercedes race van and I’ll have my blue 3 1/2 with the modern running gear.
Ian
andy.pig

Post by andy.pig »

Thanks Ian, see you there.
Andy P.
WORZEL

Post by WORZEL »

Hi, would love to have the wheels, would you you post if I paid the post, cheers, Worzel, Vince. ps I'm in cheshire, CW6 0NY.
Windy Miller

Post by Windy Miller »

Hi, I’d rather not have to post but if no one else takes them, we’ll try to work something out. I’ll probably take them to Cadwell and see if anyone wants them there first. If I bring them home again, then we can work on getting them sent to you. Do you want the rims or just the hubs ( could cut them out to post possibly)
Ian
WORZEL

Post by WORZEL »

OK, I understand, I will find the time to pick them up, its only about 100 miles, how does sunday morning sound, cheers Vince.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

If Worzel doesn't have the wheels I'd be happy to collect them. I'm away till 10th July though. I lve about 30 miles from you.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Windy Miller

Post by Windy Miller »

Ok Steve, I’ll let you know if they don’t go.