:-( Selling up :-(

Morini related only please
Ming

:-( Selling up :-(

Post by Ming »

Due to various reasons I need to sell my Morinis, and have not had a lot of interest over here.
They are a 1975 A3 Strada, bought from NLM about 19 years ago ( lightened Kanguro crank, nikasil cylinders, gas flowed heads), paint by Dream Machine - had been Sportised, but made more comfortable for my back by re-Stradaing after a while.
Then a K2 Sport, imported from Spain with just over 50k Km, nice condition, starts easily on kick and electric;
Finally a 250 model J (2C2), a bit of a dog, but a nice little bike.

Also, various spares (2 airboxes, a stator, other stuff) and lots of info, both digital and paper.

All have been virtually unused for a few years, due to Covid prohibitions, plus other health problems (plus age and loss of mojo).

I'm willing to make a good deal with anyone prepared to come to central France, talk Morinis and drink some local wine.

Please PM for more detail if you are interested.
Vitesse

Re: :-( Selling up :-(

Post by Vitesse »

Sad to hear. Might be worth you adding if any of them have a UK V5 as that could encourage someone!
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Hi, what sort of other spares do you have?
Ming

Post by Ming »

To answer a couple of questions. The bikes are all registered in France as historical and the spares are included as a lot (hopefully).
hombre

Post by hombre »

The drinking wine part sounds good Bob ;) Hope you are doing fine!
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

Hey dont go Ming!!!!!
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hi Hans and Simon, thanks for the concern. I'm not going, though hopefully one or more of my Morinis will. I shall probably stay on the forum, and definitely continue drinking the local wine. Morinis are too interesting to drop completely!
hombre

Post by hombre »

Good to hear that!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

A quick update. I took advantage of Ming's kind offer and enjoyed various local cheeses and wine with him and his wife last weekend. He's sold the K2 and the Strada to a local chap who was delighted to discover the Morinis. I rode the 250C which was lovely and far nicer overall than Ming described. I hope I've managed to convince him to keep it a while longer and ride it. I've asked for first refusal if and when he actually has no further use for it.

I reckon he'd be happy for more Morini riders to sample their local cheeses and wines so I'll encourage you to do so. I certainly enjoyed my trip to see him, the only disadvantage is most of the roads in the area are unusually straight - like riding on a complicated dot-to-dot puzzle.

Julian
Ming

Post by Ming »

Might get a bit crowded!
Enjoyed your visit, Julian. Sorry about the roads but that’s France for you. :wink:
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Let's see whether you're overrun by visitors... If so I hope at least one will have the nouse to go shopping locally and bring in some extra supplies :)
Ming

Post by Ming »

It was quite surreal, actually. A local guy came to look at a BMW I was selling, 2 days before Julian's visit. He saw the Morinis and bought the two 350s (and the Beemer) for a price that pleased me, leaving Julian with only the 250 to look at, hence extra wine, plus Eau de Vie, was produced.
All 3 Morinis also astonished me by starting immediately, after almost a year standing.
hendre

Post by hendre »

was this K yours?
https://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/2177104767.htm
the seller has another Morini but it is a 78 strada
Ming

Post by Ming »

Yes, but I had it for sale ffor a couple of years on the same site for half the price with no interest.
Strada was mine, too.
I’m glad I still have the 250 now!
hendre

Post by hendre »

indeed, prices are pretty steep. Will take 'm ages to sell