Bronze starter gear

Morini related only please
Iv4n

Bronze starter gear

Post by Iv4n »

Good morning all, I have the opportunity to get the bronze starter gear made by one of our Italian Morini owners, he makes them in batches of 10 and said he could do a discount price of 60 euros per piece plus postage, which I think is pretty reasonable for a quality piece of engineering, so this is just to see if anyone else would be interested, I have already got one buyer, so there are 8 going spare, but hurry "SALE END'S BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY" 😁
Steve Brown

Re: Bronze starter gear

Post by Steve Brown »

Count me in Ivan!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Iv4n

Post by Iv4n »

No problem Steve that's 3 sold anymore interested?
Think of it as an investment. 😁
LeMansMk2

Post by LeMansMk2 »

Count me in as well.
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi, Yes please . Two for me if possible. Thanks a lot
Iv4n

Post by Iv4n »

Hi gents hope there is no urgency for these, we have 6 requests I need to find another 4 before I order, I will let you know as soon as I am ready to purchase, not sure what the turnaround is but I will keep you posted👍
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

Only a week or so ago, I ordered and received a starter gear from Mdina, having used the "Notify me when this item is available" link.

They too have them made in batches and try to actually hold stock, but aparently quite a few people were waiting and they are out of stock again.

If you're going to have to wait for a batch to be made anyway, why not support the supplier that invested their money to take on the NLM spares stock (talk to Stewart sometime about how difficult it was to find someone).
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Influencers on the Morini Forum now!
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I had a new bronze gear. seems like only yesterday but must be a good 13 years ago. Changed the gearbox oil the other day and was surprised to find it was all still in there.
But I have worked at it.
I noticed a slight bronze luster so guess it is wearing. Still that is better than bits of metal on your BMW gearbox plug.
Still have the old one of course!
John
Iv4n

Post by Iv4n »

EVguru wrote: 21 Jul 2021 07:39 Only a week or so ago, I ordered and received a starter gear from Mdina, having used the "Notify me when this item is available" link.

They too have them made in batches and try to actually hold stock, but aparently quite a few people were waiting and they are out of stock again.

If you're going to have to wait for a batch to be made anyway, why not support the supplier that invested their money to take on the NLM spares stock (talk to Stewart sometime about how difficult it was to find someone).
Thanks... fair comment Paul, it was a desperate measure, after my FB request from members got a disappointing response. I will give MDINA a call and check out availability.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

harrymuffin wrote: 21 Jul 2021 07:46 Influencers on the Morini Forum now!
I'm sure you're in jest but really, Paul's far more than an "influencer"; you do him a disservice!

I think not everyone is aware he's the MRC's Technical Officer, who at the very least, shares his knowledge globally and keeps countless Moto Morini on the road with his videos/posts. Most models, many countries and whether their owners are in the MRC or not.

You can bet he doesn't give a rat's where you buy the odd spare from but the big picture is that if Mdina Italia gives up on air-cooled Morini stock, we are all well Donald-ducked.
MRC 3082½
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Daddy Dom wrote: 23 Jul 2021 03:59
harrymuffin wrote: 21 Jul 2021 07:46 Influencers on the Morini Forum now!
I'm sure you're in jest but really, Paul's far more than an "influencer"; you do him a disservice!

I think not everyone is aware he's the MRC's Technical Officer, who at the very least, shares his knowledge globally and keeps countless Moto Morini on the road with his videos/posts. Most models, many countries and whether their owners are in the MRC or not.

You can bet he doesn't give a rat's where you buy the odd spare from but the big picture is that if Mdina Italia gives up on air-cooled Morini stock, we are all well Donald-ducked.

👍