Nissin Brake Master cylinders

Morini related only please
Seagreen

Nissin Brake Master cylinders

Post by Seagreen »

After reading a thread in the Tre e mezzo section of this forum I thought that I would see if fitting the Honda CGF125 master cylinder would improve the feel of the front brake on my 500 (currently very wooden). I ended up buying two from breakers because I thought that the first was possibly leaking within the piston/cylinder bore but the second was the same. At the same time I bought a mastercylinder seal kit. I have concluded though that the problem with the use of these 12.7mm diameter piston mastercylinders is that there is not sufficient stroke to move the two calipers without the handlebar lever coming almost to the bar. That said, action was certainly very light with lots of feel and I am sure that this mastercylinder would be an excellent alternative to the standard offering, on a single disc set up.

Therefore I have the following for sale:
2 off Nissin mastercylinders both in good condition), only one has the lever (gravel rash on the end ball) + mastercylinder seal kit (brand new)
All these could be yours for £40 + p&p ono.

Thanks,
Charles
Seagreen

Re: Nissin Brake Master cylinders

Post by Seagreen »

Sorry, the mastercylinder are from CBF 125 models not CGF 125 - both models probably used the same item but I am not sure.

Thanks,
Charles
Ming

Post by Ming »

I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere on here which comes the conclusion that the 'standard' m/c is too big for a single disc, but well matched to a double disc set up. I've used smaller m/cs on all the single disc Morinis which have been in my possession.
Seagreen

Post by Seagreen »

Hi Ming,
Thanks for your response. I have received a link from Kamel on this site, direction me to a site that discusses Mastercylinder:Caliper ratios. Would this be the one that had in mind?
Adios,
Charles
Ming

Post by Ming »

I admit I haven't done a search for it - it's something that has stuck to my braincell. I certainly found that smaller is better on a single disc.
Seagreen

Post by Seagreen »

That is certainly my experience - smaller gives more feel but with more lever travel, as one might expect, but in my appplication I felt that the stroke was not sufficient (too much movement to the extent that the lever was almost at the handlebar) for a twin disc set up. I am looking for something like a 14mm diameter piston m/cyl. - currently 16mm diameter.
Ciao,
Charles
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Look on Ebay. Laods of 14mm M/Cyls. listed there.

Cheers,

Kamel.
Seagreen

Post by Seagreen »

Hi Kamel,
Been having a look but deciding which one is a task in itself due to the huge numbers - I would like to get a good second hand one, either with integral reservoir or remote mounting, that has a restrained look i.e. not lots of coloured anodizing - black would be just right.
Thanks,
Charles