SOLD -1981 K1 (Wiltshire)

Morini related only please
Seagreen

Re: SOLD -1981 K1 (Wiltshire)

Post by Seagreen »

Well done Mickey, looks like you have been busy over the Covid shutdown period. Hope you sort out the oil leak - you haven't got the ghost of the Torrey Canyon stored in the garage by any chance? Might explain your finding that the oil level in the bike does not go down!!
Adios,
Charles
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Thank you, Charles.

I wish I did have a stock of oil, save me buying a smug git mobile and then have to wait an hour to finish my journey.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Looks like some head gaskets on eBay ....
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mike,
I've got a Kanguro Tachometer with the black background. I might have another similar one from a different model. Let me know what redline you're after and also if you want it to match the speedo then send me a photo of it so there's a better chance of finding one that matches.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Julian,

Thank you for the offer. I picked up a Kanguro one today, complete with speedo and good condition binnacle. The tacho has the correct 8.5k red line and looks the same as my speedo. The Kanguro speedo goes to 160kph the Sport to 180.

So, there will be a Kanguro speedo for sale soon, along with a pair of white faced clocks. These do look the part, in my opinion.

The 350 wil be complete, if the tacho works... hopefully my bits have arrived so I can fix the oil weep as well.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Ah, so it's you that bought the set on eBay a couple of days ago :) Glad you're sorted. What are the white ones from? the Excalibur?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

T'was I... Best ones I'd seen at, for me, a good price. £80 upwards appeared to be the going asking price...

White clocks from Excalibur.

Went and collected the clocks to save the postage... been quicker walking. Why does TfL hate motorists?