New 91/2s going for £3,010 !

Morini related only please
morinipete

New 91/2s going for £3,010 !

Post by morinipete »

Catch a bargain
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... ing-cheap/

At €3600 new for a new (2007) 91/2, I make that £3,010.
morinipete

Re: New 91/2s going for £3,010 !

Post by morinipete »

That link didn't seem to work, try this.........
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Full link.

These are of course in Bologna and you're going to have to arrange transport. Worth buying a few as "spares", perhaps? I like the thought of an Avio (something to do with the colour scheme and Adrian would like a Scrambler :!:

Where do Morini go from here - there will shortly be nothing left of the 2000 incarnation...
"I'll use the Morini"
hendre

Post by hendre »

they will only sell to regitered motorcycle businesses, no way that you can buy one individually........ :?

I contacted a Dutch Morini dealer and he is trying to lay his hands on my bike of choise... and buy a few himself as "last available stock" :wink:
alan j

Post by alan j »

I've been wandering about in France on my other "vee twin"-I'm out of touch! Is Morini really "finished? or does the saga continue, Chris? :?: :?:
hendre

Post by hendre »

I'm afraid Morini is finished... all stock has been sold by the curator (I was just too late to grab a 9 1/2 for 3600 euros) and I think there is going to be final judgement on the company late september... :(

The modern Morini's are going to be rare as the 3 1/2's always have been... :wink:
twisty

Post by twisty »

so is the company really tits up :!:
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

The company yes, that has gone but the factory and the brand that is another question all together.
Lets see what happens when the Italians come back from their holidays.
Most brands in Italy survive despite a shortage of money. The trouble is they are born out of passion and the small matter of profit is lost along the way. In terms of the debt the numbers in this case were small with little or no detriment to the brand. There is still a place in certain markets for Morini and there is a business case for a new venture to relaunch.
Most of the hard work has been done, it just need money to reach the right markets.
twisty

Post by twisty »

spoke to my local dealer who informed me that in discussions with 3x the factory is closed but awaiting a buyer if anyone appears out of the woodwork.

So as you say ,locked factory, no staff.

Am i now the proud owner of a what do you call it bike? Luckily i have a spare engine , which if the factory is defunct i'll keep.

Wonder how things like basic spares go if they are in they are in the hands of the liquidator as suppliers won't supply if no one is going to pay them, which means the only stock is that in the hands of the importers.

sound very much like i've got a buell, no bad thing :mrgreen: