Morini for sale on ebay - spot the errors competition?

Morini related only please
stuart

Morini for sale on ebay - spot the errors competition?

Post by stuart »

see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Ma ... otorcycles

Morini 3 1/2 sport for sale in Canada, claiming to be all original parts & paintwork?
Apart from the exhausts? The missing Airbox?
Did they ever come with paintwork like that?

Any other thoughts?
hendre

Re: Morini for sale on ebay - spot the errors competition?

Post by hendre »

could be that the paintwork is original, have never seen one like this but it could be that one of the pinstripe guys was on holidays...

bar end mirrors and possibly indicators (never seen the reflector type on a Morini) are not original too
corsaro chris

Re: Morini for sale on ebay - spot the errors competition?

Post by corsaro chris »

Hendre, Stuart;

Massimo Clarkes' book shows this model as dating from 1978 (page 195); black pinstripe with chrome silencers and stainless mudguards and chainguard. I remember seeing the later red framed version with similar stripes at a club meeting at the Hop Pole in the summer of 1981; by then the brightwork was painted black (if you see what I mean...) and stainless replaced with plastic and painted mudguards. The electronic tacho was also replaced shortly afterwards with mechanical, as on the 250s. I thought it looked lovely, but I'd just bought a 500.

It looks a nice bike; I think the reflectors on the indicator sides was a North American regulation thing. Air box and mirrors are owner mods - I guess if the originals of the former are still there that'll make a collector happy. Oh, and the chrome on the springs should be black...

$5,000 is a lot of money; NLM had a wire wheel Sport for less, but in my book the chisel tank, disc brake and wire wheel version is still the one to go for (like yours', Stuart?). Whoever buys it should get it on the road and enjoy - low mileage examples like this still need running in!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"