1982 500 Sport

Morini related only please
ortonpaddy

1982 500 Sport

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi all... With genuine regret I need to sell my 1982 500 Sport. I have owned her for approx 2 years after buying from this site, Mileage is approx 27,000 miles which is probably only a couple of thousand more than when I first got her.

Relatively good condition... reasonable starter (more difficult when damp!!),Good Runner.

Slight oil weep from crankcases when running, slightly enlarged wood ruff slot on flywheel side... but neither cause running issues.

Want to sell with spares if poss so included in sale is: 500 complete bottom end (6 speed i think) which appears to be in good condition and complete with stator fly wheel etc. Barrels (which I a guessing would need re bore... no pistons!) cylinder heads which would need repair (valve seats couple of threads and crack in usual place between valves). Wheels (white), fuel tank (off set filler cap). brake discs,Electric Starter (not working to match the one I took off).

Has not always been garaged but has always been covered well and rarely used in wet... Little or no MOT, but may try and sort that in the next couple of weeks... Has been started regularly over winter (started first kick today). Timing belt was replaced 2 years ago.... Will attempt to post pics, and will post better pics when I get time.

I would be happy with £1500, for everything which I think is fare (cost me £1500 without any spares)... Veiwing more than welcome I live in Quorn, near to Loughborough in LEICS.
21032010(001).jpg
21032010(001).jpg (238.2 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
21032010(004).jpg
21032010(004).jpg (127.79 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
Attachments
21032010(002).jpg
21032010(002).jpg (217.35 KiB) Viewed 15880 times
John Bunting

Re: 1982 500 Sport

Post by John Bunting »

Hi Orton Paddy,
Would you be interested to sell the 500 engine separately?
Looking forward to your reply
John
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi John... I would prefer to sell as job lot, but if no interest in the next week or so I would consider letting the engine go separately, if that is the case I will contact you and give you some more info pictures etc...

Thanks Patrick
John Bunting

Post by John Bunting »

Hi Patrick,
Please let me know how the sale goes, I'll be back in the UK from the end of April for a month and will not be too far away from you if you decide to sell.
Regards
John
ringer

Post by ringer »

Paddy, I would be interested in the stator if you end up selling the spares separately. Am in Northampton so it could be quite a nice excuse to get my 500 out for a ride up to Quorn.
Nick - 1979 500 Strada
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Thanks for interest, now feeling quite sad at prospect of selling!! :(

but needs must...

I will let people know whats still available.... I will also try and take/post some better pictures should we get a break in the rain this bank holiday!!!!

Paddy
hendre

Post by hendre »

ortonpaddy wrote:Thanks for interest, now feeling quite sad at prospect of selling!! :(

but needs must...

I will let people know whats still available.... I will also try and take/post some better pictures should we get a break in the rain this bank holiday!!!!

Paddy
Would be a shame to break the bike for parts... :?
If the bike sells in one piece you may redirect any part searchers too me as I bought two 500's this week which I am going to rebuild to one nice example. One of the bikes came with loads of spares so I may have one or two bits left when I sort the parts this weekend :mrgreen:
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

HI all again.... Just to clarify... I won't be breaking the bike for spares (FAR FAR to good for that), I do have a number of spares (including most of an engine) which I am hoping will go with the bike... I would be willing to sell the bike separately if someone was interested... and some people have expressed interest in spares.

If still in my possession I intend to MOT next Friday (9th April) and will also spend the day doing a changing oil, plugs, cleaning filters, checking timing etc (although should not be out as it was set up by NLM approx 1000 miles ago along with carbs balanced). As stated above I will get some better photos posted this weekend weather permitting...

Paddy
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Ok... passed MOT this morning, without a hitch...so now has 12 months.
Also what I thought was oil seeping from crankcase, after liberal application of talcum powder (TOP TIP) turns out is only seeping from the oil filter cover and therefore very easily rectifiable and I will do this when I change the oil.
so NO OIL LEAK...
alan j

Post by alan j »

Ringer-"come up and see me sometime" {Mae West?"}- I'm so close to you in Daventry!! :roll: :roll:
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi again... Changed Oil (has always been done regularly) and cleaned filter today, also rectified gasket on oil filter cover and she is now oil tight, Rode like a dream to the testing station yesterday, so as timing and carbs were set up by NLM less than 1000 mile ago I felt that it would be best to leave alone. Also valve liming was attended to at the end of last summer (less than 500 miles ago).

Happy to include manual, Morini Book and MRC literature in sale, will be going on ebay in the next few days, probably bike only with a buy it now of £1400, so please come and have a look/contact me if interested.

Thanks Paddy
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi all, bike is now on eBay, sale ending Saturday, the eBay sale is for Bike only with a but it now of £1500.so if anyone off this site is interested please let me know quick... Thanks Paddy.
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi all, bike and most of bits have now gone.... someone has first "dibs" on the engine bits, but if there are any spares left I will let people know... I have a spare blue manual going for FREE if anyone has a use!!
Very sad to have let the Morini go :(

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for support/advice from the good people on this site.