Strada seat, 1975 - 79. In need of some attention...

Morini related only please
Patrick Slatts

Strada seat, 1975 - 79. In need of some attention...

Post by Patrick Slatts »

Here's another surplus to my requirement item, which I plan to make available for collection at the Stafford Classic Bike Show (20th - 21st April). Alternatively collection from Harrogate HG3 area (or nearby meet up).

A 1975 - 79 Strada era seat. The condition is fair and is capable of being used as it is, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will hasten its demise! As can be seen, it has mostly suffered where the weather has got to the metal , i.e. the front part of the base pan where the covering has come apart. Here, rust has worked some way in. The remaining folded over section of the base still appears to structurally intact. (I tried a bit of gentle pressure on this folded edge, and it didn't give way).

Obviously there is remedial work needed to get it to a point where it will be better protected from the wet. I'm hoping someone will be interested in taking on this work. As mentioned, Stafford CBS would be the preferred option for collection. If there's no interest ahead of the show, I will be happy to post it out to a UK address. (The postage cost will be around £15). Any reasonable offer accepted.

Chris I.
Attachments
seat 011_edited.jpg
seat 011_edited.jpg (210.48 KiB) Viewed 159 times
seat 010_edited.jpg
seat 010_edited.jpg (148.25 KiB) Viewed 159 times
seat 001_edited.jpg
seat 001_edited.jpg (184.65 KiB) Viewed 159 times