Time to launch the bloody thing...

Anything to do with the 650 'off-road' bikes
MickeyMoto

Time to launch the bloody thing...

Post by MickeyMoto »

... I'm fed up waiting for it. My money will be going elsewhere. The bike is already two years old.

I thought I saw one the other day, but when I got close it turned out to be a Unicorn.

Compare to the X-Cape. There are differences, the main one being it exists...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-rev ... -660/2022/
Al Limite

Re: Time to launch the bloody thing...

Post by Al Limite »

You have to wonder how seriously Moto Morini regard the British new motorcycle market. Originally listed as an exhibitor at the upcoming NEC motorcycle show, their name has now been removed and presumably will not be attending as a manufacturer. Perhaps MM need to reflect on the signal that is sending to prospective buyers!
Last edited by Al Limite on 08 Nov 2021 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, but I believe it is not just the UK. I think there are a handful in Europe. Supply issues from China?

I am also concerned the 'factory' in Italy is now an outpost of a large conglomerate and that the 1200 parts supply will suffer, too.

The new importer appears to be next to useless. I emailed them about my Milano. Still waiting a response, even a 'see your dealer' reply.

The dealer list has changed. The existing dealers are no longer on the list! A shambles.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Went in my local Aprillia dealer this very day to ask but they are waiting until post Milan Show for more details.
John
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

ABR - or Adventure Bike Rider - have a review in the November / December issue. They rode the bike at the official European wide launch in mid October. on the French island of Corsica

The summary is that they liked it, reckon that it's good for commuting, light off-road work and touring either one or two up (but if riding with a pillion make sure that they have a smaller behind...).

They conclude that for a first go at an adventure bike Morini have pretty much hit the mark; like many they will never have heard of or seen the Camel / Sahara, Kanguro, Cogauro or even the Granpasso / Scramber from the first iteration of the 1200 series...

Oh well, we should see the bike here early in the New Year, possibly...

Good riding,
CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

£6.99? I'm a pensioner!