Gran Ferro

Anything to do with Morini Prototypes- Old, New and future!
Manolo

New Enduro/Motard

Post by Manolo »

Hi Guys,
this is the new morini's model, is a concept bike, not for sale!!!

toggy

Post by toggy »

3x dealer mentioned that bike ,said it WAS coming out for sale .don't know when but thered be MAD not to .Looks awesome.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

We'll find out at the clubs' FACTORY VISIT in October... :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

It will be presented in Milan, 10th-15th November 2009 for "EICMA 2009".
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/mot ... to-Morini-

This gives you more...

A Motard with a Veloce engine? :shock: .... Awesome isnt the right word

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
toggy

Post by toggy »

Doesn't make much sense in Engilsh ,but here is the translation anyway

In English

We arrive in the pressi of the circuit of Adria. As soon as paraded the helmet, we are wrapped from a vibration sorda, the large dry noise of bicylindrical that snocciola the explosions with a urgency all its. It is the bitree Morini, without a doubt. We expect one of the not rare Corsaro prepared. In fact we quickly characterize the red spot that is moved phrenetic from a curve to the other. Only that, to watch it well, it is not a Corsaro. Somiglia more to a prepared Granpasso, without cupolino and with two drainages. Made curious, we come down and we approach edge track. The Corsaro-Granpasso crossing is something more of the experiment than a private one. To the box we characterize ingegner Andrea Road, in charge of the development vehicle in Morini Motion, than at first he denies, then diminishes “we are putting to point of tablets brake: it stirs of departure was shocking in track, but too much aggressive end on road, and there is intentional a little in order to find the solution just. Also the setting of the suspensions it appeals to me, above all the front one truly is indovinato for the insertionâ€￾. At the end it yields and it confesses to us that the motion is all new. To a first glance it would seem a stradalizzata Granpasso: wheels from 17â€￾, circles in alloy and brakes and suspensions reviews. A fun-bike, or if a motardona is preferred in style Ducati Hypermotard, but with the Short Run motor poderoso to scalpitare under the saddleback. The superstructures, for what it can be seen, are near those Granpasso, but become simpler, and appear a double quantity drainage. There are Brembo pliers monoblock, an adjustable staple rather “in feetâ€￾ and evolven mono a Öhlins to the posterior one. The Granpasso loses its tourist spirit a little and it is approached the idea of the sport knot: a crossing between a Granpasso and a Corsaro, exactly. Road is preciser. “The base is not the Corsaro, but the Granpasso. The differences are substantial, because the ciclistica and the motor are considerably various: the Granpasso inherits the developed motor `addolcito' for tradition 9 ½, 1200 Sports, Scrambler; even if in this case we have one ten of CV in more.â€￾ In order to know of more on the last innovation of the company of Casalecchio di Reno you can read the special one that Motorcycling has dedicated to the plan Morini Motion on the number of september already in newspaper stand.
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

a more sense in English translation

from the magazine:
We arrive in the vicinity of the Adria Circuit. Just marched helmet, we are enveloped by a deaf vibration. It is the Morini, cracher without a doubt. We expect one of the prepared Corsaro not rare. Indeed have suffered the Red stain frantically moving from a curve to another. Just that, well look at it is not a Corsaro. More resembles a prepared, Granpasso with two discharges. Intrigued, scendiamo and we are approaching runway edge.

The Corsaro-Granpasso crossing is more of the experiment of a private. The pits have engineer Andrea Strada, responsible for the vehicle in Moto Morini development that first refuses, then minimize "we are putting in place of the brake pads: departure compound was resoundingly trail, but far too aggressive road, and it wanted a little to find the right solution." "Also the setting of the suspensions I like, especially the front is really correct for inserting". At the end cedes and us admits that the bike is all new.

To a first glance seems a Granpasso road: wheels from 17", revised circles in League and brakes and suspensions. A fun-bike, or if you preferiscein style Ducati Hypermotard, but with powerful motor race short. The superstructures, for what you can see, are close to those Granpasso but simplified and appears a dual exhaust. There are mono Öhlins to the rear calipers one-piece Brembo, an adjustable fork rather "walk" and a evolved. The Granpasso loses a little of its tourist soul and is close to the idea of sporting naked: a cross between a Granpasso and one Corsaro, precisely.

Road is more precise. "The base is not the Corsaro, but the Granpasso." "Differences are substantial, because the chassis and engine are significantly different: the Granpasso inherits engine ‘ sweetened ' developed for the strand 9 ½ 1200 sport, Scrambler; although in this case, we have 10 CV more."
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

A couple of photos for you.
I would be VERY tempted by one of these :twisted:

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Guys;

To me it looks like the bike photographed is a development "mule". If you look at Motociclismos' picture of the yellow Morini Motard (? name) you'll see that it has a different treatment to the rear end, and an engine cowl that extends down to the exhaust. If you want to be a real anorak, you'll also notice that the exhaust is well tucked in, and the treatment of the fairing around the headlamp cowl is more developed than the bike on the track.

Latest word is that this bike might actually be in production by the time of the Milan show...

If that is the case, we'll have a good chance of seeing these when the Club visits the factory in October. 8) I was asked what the MRC does for new machine owners - you're seeing and reading it...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Oh - yes........

And NO PILLION. This is a serious and mad fun bike. There will be a long queue for this one - the Corsaro just got beaten into Second!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

And finally........

For all you English speaking guys for whom Italian and French is a real challenge :wink:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... granpasso/

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Another pic for me to drool over...

toggy

Post by toggy »

grahhhh homer style drool.hope it comes in red& white the best colors.

Anyone though of putting smaller wheels on the GP?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Toggy;

I am already thinking that...

It's got to be a simple task - worth talking to your man at 3X about. Either that or they'll be a nearly new GP available down Dorset way? :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"