Valentini Racing Exhaust

The 3 1/2 forum
Jem

Valentini Racing Exhaust

Post by Jem »

I saw this exhaust on Italian eBay http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translat ... 6ps%253D42

Does anyone know anything about them?
Are they genuine Valentini?
Can they be used on the road or are they track only?
The site looks like they'll only deliver in Italy.

Jem
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

It looks just like the exhaust I've got in the roof of the workshop that Tom Farrow tells me is exactly like the Valentini he had.

Mine's got quite a lot of surface rust, but is pretty sound. They seem to have been made from fairly heavy gauge steel.

I don't like 2:1's, would you like to buy it?
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Indeed- looks just like the set I had on my triple disc, which came to me via (okay I robbed from) dad's triple disc sport which had them fitted in the good old weevee days.

They were fruity without being offensive, unless you unscrewed the baffle in which case you lost a bucket of power and your ears began to bleed. When I rejetted mine properly I'd say they were better than the standard silencers in the midrange and maybe a shade down on topend but the sound was worth it.

In fact, when they were fitted to dad's sport and I were a wee nipper, it was the sound which got me hooked on morinis.

And they were rearset and centre stand friendly.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Paul,

my bike was running crap at Cadwell last year - it seemed slower than ever. I wondered if it was the 2-1 I had made and thought about replacing it with 2-2 using Armour headers and the free-est flowing silencers I could find but a genuine Valentini sounded good.
I noticed on the Smoke Morini list some comments about problems with ignition preventing an engine developing all its power and wonder about going for NLM's or anyone else's upgrade.

I also have a 400cc motor (Dart barrels on ordinary 350 bottom end) but if it's exhaust or ignition causing problems would prefer to solve them first.

Is the Valentini street legal?

Jem
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Jem- regarding street legal I don't think you will have problems with these. Mine were fruity more than outrageously loud.

Correct me if i'm wrong but (within reason) on bikes of that age the exhaust is not illegal unless it is specifically stamped 'not for road use', (and the valentini isn't stamped)
Jem

Post by Jem »

Tom,

thanks for your comments. I'd still be interested in views on how much ignition can slow up performance.

Given that the cam is timed correctly & marked with an "S", the pistons look properly lumpy, the ignition is timed to the marks why does the bike feel slow? Have I got something wrong with the balance so that it just vibrates at the wrong revs? I've had bits fall off, engine bolts work loose and headlight reflectors self-destruct which makes it feel more like a british bike (specifically, the Triumph T100 I had 33 years ago).

Jem
mantaray

Post by mantaray »

Btw i bought the Valentini and they sended it to Belgium.
Arrived last week.
"Valentini" is stamped on the silencer
stillooking

valentini silencer

Post by stillooking »

hello, I'd like to buy a Valentini exhaust system as well. Calling EV guru - Is it still for sale?

Tks
Gareth :)
tremoto

Valentini 2-1

Post by tremoto »

Yup,

I've seen them up for sale also on the bay. Benji bought in a batch (about 10 set as I recall in the early '90's and sold like hot potatoes). They all came black as standard which was quite nice until they started to rot! Italian rust proofing technology and all that. Luckily I had mine chromed prior to use and it is still in one big lump. Brilliant exhaust and always worked well on my 3 1/2.....now where did I put it. Tom was right, it cleared the centre stand and was lighter than a standard system, (extra speed points). In the days of transforming my Morini into a street burner.

I felt I had truley arrived, Jeremy thought it was a good deal at I think a shade above £100. It certainly sounded right and worked well throughout the range. I can remember Phil saying to me that it now sounded just right in the breaks taken between drawing on his constant roll-up. Ah, those were the days when you would drink coffee after making it for the entire shop and still find yourself there at closing time trying to buy the one nut you had arrived to buy at 10am.