fuel filler tube

The 3 1/2 forum
dunk 1

fuel filler tube

Post by dunk 1 »

i am finally getting ready to seal the inside of the tank and then repaint the outside- it would seem sensible to remove the filler tube but i am unsure of how it is attached - does it just twist round or is there a catch?
thanks - duncan
dunk
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

can I take it from the embaressed silence that the tube doesn't actually come off - Mine seems very fixed anyway and I'm not going to try and force it -difficult as previous owner has been careless with paint around this and it would have been nice to tidy it up. any response would be nice just to confirm - Thanks _ Duncan
dunk
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

What exactly do you mean by the filler tube? do you mean the stubby pipe inside the tank that prevents overfilling which is part of the pressing that the filler cap clips to.
I think that you will find the tank is of "all welded construction"

David
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

yep - that about covers it - embarrassed by asking the obvious again - but if you don't ask you don't find out and i suppose thats what the forum is for. Regular readers of me asking the obvious may assume my bike to be deteriorating at a rate but with your help it is actually in a far better stat than when i bought it - so thank you again -Duncan
dunk
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Glad to see this one is answered as I was unsure what the heck it was.You have to ask these things to find out.