Club Strada in December Classic Bike

The 3 1/2 forum
morini_tom

Club Strada in December Classic Bike

Post by morini_tom »

Nice little review of the Morini Riders Club’s strada in the current (December issue) Classic Bike.

It’s always satisfying when someone new to Morini rides one and ‘gets it’, and by the sounds of it the Author was quite taken with our little wee vee.

The bike is taking a winter hibernation now, but remember that club members can borrow it and the most we’ll ask from you in return is perhaps some photos and words on its travels for the club magazine.
julianharty

Re: Club Strada in December Classic Bike

Post by julianharty »

Tom,
I agree, the author of the article mentioned he'd like to obtain a 3 1/2. Let's hope he does manage to do so and also join the club. Similarly, I hope other readers will be inspired - 3 1/2's are fun bikes to ride and maintain.

Julian
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

A good read indeed.
I'm impressed how you lend it out. Great idea.
Morini Jen

Post by Morini Jen »

morini_tom wrote: 22 Dec 2023 17:06 ...the most we’ll ask from you in return is perhaps some photos and words on its travels for the club magazine.
Tom!.. You can read my mind!

I read the article the other day and, as Julian said, it was great that Mark Holmes liked the Strada so much he is dreaming of owning one. Also, there was something you wrote yourself in the article which set me thinking..

Quote: "It's also a good way to motivate owners with projects; a ride on this can rekindle the incentive to get them finished".

Due to racing commitments and one thing and another, my beloved K1 Sport has languished in the back of the shed for ten years now. I am hoping to get it back on the road this year, not least because it will become eligible for Historic Vehicle status. Quite when that will be achieved is somewhat unclear.

The reason your comment set me thinking is that every April my friends from the Midlands VMCC Section partake in the Coventry to Brighton Run. I haven't yet taken part myself, so, assuming my own bike won't be ready in time, ( highly likely ), could I be really cheeky and bagsy the club bike to do the Coventry to Brighton Run? Of course I will be happy to write an article with photos etc.. I am also a member of The Association Of Pioneer Motorcyclists ( a broader church than the name suggests ) and with your permission I would like to put the article in their magazine as well. Spread the joy of Morinis, that sort of thing.

Please let me know in the new year if the club bike will be available in April.

All the best to you and yours,
Jenny.
Doughnut

Post by Doughnut »

Mark, is my mate.

Ye, he was saying how lovely the morini is.

I cant say otherwise, I've got one but not letting him ride it!