Veglia electronic Tachometer problem

The 3 1/2 forum
Matt Hale

Veglia electronic Tachometer problem

Post by Matt Hale »

Hi All
I would like a working Tachometer. I use blue transducers so to get tacho working I found out from Søren on Youtube that I could buy a circuit from Peter Constantin in Austria: <pconstantin@aon.at> - but he passed me to tremezzo.de who sell his for him <info@tremezzo.de> and they sent me one for about £45 including post....Easy plug in which you can't get wrong but Tachometer only twitched and didn't work properly so I think my Tachometer has a problem ...does anyone fix them? I've taken the tachometer apart and have spare insides also as bought another on eBay ages ago. I know Paul Compton can do it but nit sure if he would and I have no contact info.
many thanks in advance and I hope some info here assists you !
Best Matt
350 Sport 1979 electric start model (missing)
Curry yellow tank etc paint work, navy blue frame, silver wheels.
MickeyMoto

Re: Veglia electronic Tachometer problem

Post by MickeyMoto »

Contact Peter Bond.

https://www.guagerepairs.com
buzby

Post by buzby »

I contacted Peter Bond some years ago and he said he would not work on these.
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale »

Thanks Buzby and Mickey Moto- I used Peter years ago on a Laverda clock and it came back not working, sent it back and still not work...but unsure about him now. Do you think Paul Compton might take it on?
Matt
350 Sport 1979 electric start model (missing)
Curry yellow tank etc paint work, navy blue frame, silver wheels.
buzby

Post by buzby »

He posts on here using the name Evguru.

http://www.paulcompton.co.uk
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
fatblokeabroad

Post by fatblokeabroad »

I had my electronic tacho repaired by speedy cables ( www.speedycables.com) in Swansea. They replaced the cct board, calibrated it and fitted a new bezel that I supplied. The process was not cheap.
The tacho does not move under 4000 rpm then like yours "twitches" , luckily the engineer at speedy cables was available to chat as required. I found an electronics engineer locally who had the equipment needed. We bench tested the tacho and it is fine and is very close to the expected readings for various inputs. So, the meter is good. I did read in a previous post on this subject a while back when someone posted that the ignition rotor may be de-magnetised. The thread went a little bit sideways so I never did get to the bottom of it. If anybody has any clues I also would be very grateful.
As a by-line, I bought a cheap electronic tacho on e-bay; it was supposed to be plug and play so I gave it a go. The cheapo tacho was fine up to around 4500 rpm then went berserk, 0 to FSD and all points between. I have had a look and; if I can sort out the FSD problems then I'm sure I can fit the internals into the Veglia body. The dial won't look the same but it will work. You can also find the bezels on e-bay, they are supposedly for smiths 80mm meters but fit perfectly.
[