Ducati Electronica Regulator

The 3 1/2 forum
Canuck750

Ducati Electronica Regulator

Post by Canuck750 »

I have read different explanations of the Ducati Electronica regulator / rectifier type 343142 -
The cast aluminum case type with terminals G G R+B C

Some say the R+B has no internal connection, others say there is an internal connection. I have a couple, none of which are working on my Moto Morini 500 so to find out for myself I put the regulator in my mill and cut away the aluminum and much of the plastic, there is NO internal connection from R+B to the regulator

I am purchasing a new Reg/rec from Roadster Cycle in California, this is a genuine FH020AA Mosfet reg/rec with a simple wire harness and connections. I emailed Jack and he says he has sold many of these for single phase stator motorcycles such as the Ducati 860 and many more. Hopefully this is finally going to solve my charring issues, I have had the flywheel re-magnetized and have two good stators that are both putting out 60 V AC and under load with an 110 V AC - 60 watt light bulb connected to the two stator output leads I get a nice bright bulb at 4500 rpm so I beleive I can confirm the flywheel and stator are good and the battery is new, for some bizarre reason none of the three regulators I have will put out the required 14.8 volts when the regulator output is attached to the fuse box, but with the regulator output lead removed from the fuse box, engine running, the regulator is putting out 14.8 volts, but I get nothing when its attached to the fuse box or direct to battery + terminal.

For regulator / rectifiers check here

www.roadstercycle.com